Reply To: Tenchi collection

AstroNerdBoy

mitsuki lover wrote:

I just read the news over at astronerdboy’s blog.I wonder when they DVDs are going to come out now.

Not sure. I’m wondering if they are doing a blu-ray version too. I’ll try to find out.

Quote:

Also does anyone know why Funi went with War on Geminar instead of Saint Knight’s Tale for the English language title?

I’ll see if I can get an official answer, but a lot of times, the Japanese have a say in what the English title will be. Plus, but tagging it with the “Tenchi Muyo!” moniker, FUNimation is helping bridge the connection to the original OVAs.

Quote:

Interesting ANB states that War on Geminar will not have the Japanese honorifics in the subtitles.

Put it on my need to get right away list. :washu: :washu: :washu:

Well, it is not 100% sure that we won’t have them, but I’ll tag it as 99%. A few years ago, FUNimation got a new person in charge of the translations, and this person strongly believes that leaving Japanese honorifics in the subtitles is lazy, thus this person doesn’t allow it. Since one has to pick their battles, the people within FUNi who may prefer honorifics be retained like they used to be haven’t raised a stink, saving their ammo for other fights with higher value (if that makes sense).

Still, once FUNimation shifted to the current “no honorifics” policy, you may have noticed that I no longer trumpet FUNimation stuff. Obviously, ISM falls under the “exception to the rule” category. 😉