Reply To: Star Citizen

Forums Off Topic Video Games Star Citizen Reply To: Star Citizen

jgzinv
    I think the constellation is 1.3 million polies at lod 0… incredible is all I can say.

I’m used to work with ships that max out at 1200 polies.

But yeah the mod features should be robust if they make good on what they’ve been saying.

Ultimately they have said that they are going to use the Cytek sandbox editor that is already

in place, so if you really want to get going ahead of time, just download the SDK.

I’ve been meaning to, but just haven’t had time.

Right now we’re look at the hanger module being released in the next couple weeks if I recall.

The alpha dogfight thing won’t be till the end of the year.

We could certainly use some help. Right now we’re still suffering with the FS2 engine. I don’t want

to commit to SC, and then find out it flops… so we’re still FS2 based for right now.

If anything I need help getting models lightly rigged, like weapon points, dock points, etc.

We have old game models from the original source game finally. Which admittedly are low poly and

aged, but it’s something to get playable. We’ve got a fair number of higher poly items, but they are not textured, so I’ve been concentration on using the old stuff for the time being to get a demo made.