Reply To: 2015 & Beyond: The Future of Tenchi Muyo! (?)

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Worship / Collection / Theory threads 2015 & Beyond: The Future of Tenchi Muyo! (?) Reply To: 2015 & Beyond: The Future of Tenchi Muyo! (?)

jgzinv
    The problem is more a power vacuum around here. There’s not enough people with the background, the skillset, and the time to pour into doing something. The novels are plentiful, but no one would want to take on that task, even though we’ve long since learned what not to do. I’m partially into 4 or 5 books trying to translate, but I’ve only gotten more burried, not less this last year, to spend the time like I used to.

Ai wasn’t what it was cracked up to be, you’ve got a very polarized divide on those who think it was great and those that don’t. The bottom line is that it wasn’t what was needed right then to reinvigorate the franchise, and neither is OAV 4. The canon is still bull****, and will continue to be so until course corrected. That was the case before Ai and still remains so.

A community is as I’ve preached in the past, built on the quality of it’s members. If people are tight knit and enjoy the company of others, then it doesn’t really matter if the subject that brought them together is front and center all the time or not. As we used to say, the carnival may leave for a time but it will always come back around again.

AIC, AFC, DualFans, PWCF, Seto’s Fan, Sanctuary, Tenchiboard, Abh Nation, and many others have fallen over the years, but there is still a small community. Is it all good? No. But it’s sitll there and as long as fans exist to enjoy something, to see the good and not just the bad, there will continue to be a fan community around the world, even if it’s one person here or there.