The carnival starts here! Discuss all the things about the main cast we all know and love!
User avatar
by Dagon123
#21717
AstroNerdBoy wrote:Based on how I'm reading the blurb from 13.12, this is the proposed new TM!R anime in storyboard form.


It's also food for thought that when he referenced "if" he referenced if as if he hadn't already started negotiating it yet as in, he made if as the thing he was going to show that to aic but referred to another anime project that had already been in the works, as one that he "disliked working with others" on, so we might just see another Tenchi project before we see if.
User avatar
by AstroNerdBoy
#21719 Well, that is the one frustrating part of Kajishima-sensei's blurbs -- sometimes, his words could mean one thing or could mean another. Only he knows for sure.

That being said, if there is another anime project, it would likely be Paradise War since the novels seem to be going well. However, saying that -IF- is attached to an anime project is good news itself.
User avatar
by susano
#21724 AYeka and Ryoko will likely contimue fighting over Tenchi in the future. The two of them are likey be fighhting over Tenchi less in the future. Yet when Ayeka and Ryoko do fight over Tenchi, their daughters will treat their fighting as a result of a few sexual related matters.


gendo1
User avatar
by Yosho24
#21729 This looks awesome! Assuming it's done right, but more Tenchi is never a bad thing. It's kind of bittersweet to me that Tenchi ends up having daughters with both Ryoko and Ayeka. I've always been very pro Ryoko and Tenchi and always felt that him and Ryoko were always meant to end up together but I'll take the good with the bad i guess. It just seems out of character for them to share him
User avatar
by highgear56
#21730
Yosho24 wrote:It just seems out of character for them to share him


My point exactly.

Not even sure if this type of relationship goes on with Jurai royal family. And I doubt Ryoko is the type of person to share him with her. That's what bothers me the most about all this
User avatar
by AstroNerdBoy
#21740
Yosho24 wrote:This looks awesome! Assuming it's done right, but more Tenchi is never a bad thing. It's kind of bittersweet to me that Tenchi ends up having daughters with both Ryoko and Ayeka. I've always been very pro Ryoko and Tenchi and always felt that him and Ryoko were always meant to end up together but I'll take the good with the bad i guess. It just seems out of character for them to share him


Not really. Ryoko's and Aeka's relationship changes quite a bit from their encounter in OVA 1, episode 2. When they thought Tenchi was dead in OVA 1, episode 6, they formed a bond because of Tenchi as they went to battle Kagato together. From that time on, Ryoko still loves to tease Aeka, and Aeka loves doing things to Ryoko, but their bond grew, even more so because of Noike's arrival as Tenchi's official fiancee.

highgear56 wrote:
Yosho24 wrote:It just seems out of character for them to share him


My point exactly.

Not even sure if this type of relationship goes on with Jurai royal family. And I doubt Ryoko is the type of person to share him with her. That's what bothers me the most about all this


Heh! You need to rewatch the series. I'm having to go on memory (I'm not were I can check the episodes at the moment), but I think it was OVA 1 episode 7 where Ryoko clearly stated she'd be willing to share Tenchi with Aeka. It was Aeka's response to such a suggestion that caused them to have their fight that ultimately had them both out in the lake.

As for Jurai being for such a thing, (1) Aeka's and Sasami's father has two wives, and (2) there was a massive wedding on the dark side of the moon for Seina and his harem (GXP), at which many important Juraians were in attendance. ^_~
User avatar
by wwwwhhhhoooo
#21741
AstroNerdBoy wrote:but their bond grew, even more so because of Noike's arrival as Tenchi's official fiancee.


Like my grammy always says, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" is just a hop, skip and a jump away from polygamy"

;)

Well, okay, no she doesn't. Good points all around though, very good clarification ANB, particularly on the normalcy of such arrangements from a Jurain perspective. I won't assert " [X] is how Tenchi Muyo OVA was destined to be" but personally one of the show's biggest appeals (and how it was advertised here) was the intense competition in the form of petty (and hilarious) brawling: without that you've just got a compound out somewhere in the middle of Utah (or Japan, or Jurai, what have you).

It's funny:

* Tenchi practically invents harem genre

* "Tenchi solution" (a.k.a. none yet somehow all) created by fans, as Tenchi goes unfinished.

* Harem genre becomes formulaic: dude ends up with all his fantasy chicks.

* Tenchi is eventually resumed, and it ends up (seemingly, but who knows) following tracks laid down by precedence and formula.

Is all this good? bad? inevitable? The way it was obviously meant to play out? We can say in hindsight: right now, we're left only with IF (clever, Kajishima).
User avatar
by Ryoko_sp
#21742 Wow, I'm in shock with this news. I'm glad the Tenchi world keeps growing but I'm kind of sad because as a Ryoko's fan, it's hard for me to picture her and Ayeka sharing Tenchi, but I can't say I didn't see it coming after all, I think GXP was throwing hints of it.

However, I loved the babies and the girls growing up *-* I wonder what are their names. It looks like a really nice story
User avatar
by Dagon123
#21745
AstroNerdBoy wrote:Heh! You need to rewatch the series. I'm having to go on memory (I'm not were I can check the episodes at the moment), but I think it was OVA 1 episode 7 where Ryoko clearly stated she'd be willing to share Tenchi with Aeka. It was Aeka's response to such a suggestion that caused them to have their fight that ultimately had them both out in the lake.


I don't think you're in any position to tell someone to rewatch the series when you contradict yourself with that line. Ryoko did that because she was calling Ayeka's bluff and was teasing her, knowing full and well she would react the way she would, not because she legitimately wanted or would accept that. Which you obviously know Ryoko does from your statement "Ryoko still loves to tease Aeka, and Aeka loves doing things to Ryoko".

Ryoko and Ayeka have had a bond throughout every Tenchi series because they were rivals, but the only reason they are ok with this "ending" in the OVA continuity is because plot demands it, not because it makes any rational sense based on their behaviour, which is why so many people are against it and the harem "ending" in general because why have them fight at all if there isn't going to be any blow off to it? It's wasted time and effort to then not even be given a good reason why.