The carnival starts here! Discuss all the things about the main cast we all know and love!
by Yarner
#21746 The text on the opening page says: "This is a story from a yet unsettled future".

Also - I understand that everyone's flipping out about Ryouko and Aeka having Tenchi's babies, but nobody's even a little bit shocked by the little baby Ryo-ohkis?
blush1
by Yarner
#21747 Also - if you didn't catch it - in the small mid-left panel on page 8 Sasami is serving the girls sekihan, ie. red rice and beans - the traditional dish for the family when a girl reaches her first menstruation.
Probably the first time someone's not happy to have Sasami's cooking...
by Dagon123
Yarner wrote:Also - if you didn't catch it - in the small mid-left panel on page 8 Sasami is serving the girls sekihan, ie. red rice and beans - the traditional dish for the family when a girl reaches her first menstruation.
Probably the first time someone's not happy to have Sasami's cooking...

I had kind of wondered if that was what it was considering how Ryoko and Ayeka's Daughters looked, also welcome to the forum Yarner!
by Kiyami
#21774 Why does one of Seina's kids have a Kuramitsuish curl? Unless it isn't his.

The middle one. Dat curl. I could be wrong and that could be another Amane baby, but I'm not convinced. Yeah she had curlyish hair when she was younger, though I can't find anything to compare with the baby above.
by JGZinv
#21777 Well I think we have Amane's baby boy... maybe a girl there, it's certainly Ryoko Balta in the background
and her baby with the marine green hair there.
by wwwwhhhhoooo
Yarner wrote:I understand that everyone's flipping out about Ryouko and Aeka having Tenchi's babies, but nobody's even a little bit shocked by the little baby Ryo-ohkis?

Considering they're little cabbits (not humanoid) I didn't think of Ryo-Ohki having babies like that. I thought they might be more akin to Fuku (siblings?), i.e. Washu made more, or Ryo-Ohki reproduced in another manner, more like copying herself (we first learn she can reproduce in the form of Phoenix-type rebirth, then that she could assimilate additional masu/take on humanoid form in OVA2, maybe she has other abilities as well?). But that's just me, good lawdy I hope he's (Kajishima) not implying her procreating with Tenchi, I'd give up on the main canon if that were true.

Yarner wrote:Also - if you didn't catch it - in the small mid-left panel on page 8 Sasami is serving the girls sekihan, ie. red rice and beans - the traditional dish for the family when a girl reaches her first menstruation.

I did not catch that (didn't even know that!) how interesting, thank you for pointing that out.

Also, I'm with you Mitts: I can't help but think "that kid looks like a Kuramitsu" (even if it ends up not being the case).
by wwwwhhhhoooo
Dagon123 wrote:
AstroNerdBoy wrote:Heh! You need to rewatch the series. I'm having to go on memory (I'm not were I can check the episodes at the moment), but I think it was OVA 1 episode 7 where Ryoko clearly stated she'd be willing to share Tenchi with Aeka. It was Aeka's response to such a suggestion that caused them to have their fight that ultimately had them both out in the lake.

I don't think you're in any position to tell someone to rewatch the series when you contradict yourself with that line. Ryoko did that because she was calling Ayeka's bluff and was teasing her, knowing full and well she would react the way she would, not because she legitimately wanted or would accept that. Which you obviously know Ryoko does from your statement "Ryoko still loves to tease Aeka, and Aeka loves doing things to Ryoko."

Okay, I won't be as harsh as Dagon, but I have to agree with him on this one: Ryoko was the Bugs Bunny to Ayeka's Daffy Duck (don't picture that too hard, folks!).

Video from : youtube.com
by Yosho24
wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:Ryoko was the Bugs Bunny to Ayeka's Daffy Duck (don't picture that too hard, folks!).

Video from : youtube.com

Thats probably the best way to put it. Good comparison!
by mitsuki lover
#21813 All I can wonder than does that make Tenchi Elmer Fudd? Kiyofacepalm1

Seriously he is caught between the two just like Elmer in the 'toon.Though that was probably a bad analogy.
by NthDgree
#22217 As for who the mystery babies are...

Some people seem to be upset over Ryoko and Ayeka sharing Tenchi, but we already know that he marries ALL of the girls in the house and is intimate with them. We saw him having sex with Noike in the Omake doujin at least. We also know he has a son who looks like Washu who marries Masaki Jurai on the Moon, so he probably has children with each of the girls, just like Seina seems to be (hence prego Ryoko Balta in the background).

The left blonde baby is probably Amane's, a al the hair and bandage on the head. The other has the Kuramitsu curl because it is most likely Tenchi and Mihoshi's. The little green haired kid is probably Noike's because the hair matches her hair from the future at the end of OVA 3 episode 6 when she and Fuku rewrite Mihoshi's letter.

So, even though -IF- focuses on Ryoko and Ayeka's children, they are by no means the only ones he has with the girls, and I think that the son who marries Masaki Jurai was born first of all, but I'm not 100% on that.