The carnival starts here! Discuss all the things about the main cast we all know and love!
by NthDgree
#22218 BTW, since Ryo-Ohki's babies are in the picture, it's probably from a day when Seina's family is visiting the Masaki's, hence why Tenchi and Seina's kids are mixed up in the same photo.
by Dagon123
#22220 First off, welcome to the forum! and thanks for posting

NthDgree wrote:As for who the mystery babies are...

Some people seem to be upset over Ryoko and Ayeka sharing Tenchi, but we already know that he marries ALL of the girls in the house and is intimate with them. We saw him having sex with Noike in the Omake doujin at least. We also know he has a son who looks like Washu who marries Masaki Jurai on the Moon, so he probably has children with each of the girls, just like Seina seems to be (hence prego Ryoko Balta in the background).

The left blonde baby is probably Amane's, a al the hair and bandage on the head. The other has the Kuramitsu curl because it is most likely Tenchi and Mihoshi's. The little green haired kid is probably Noike's because the hair matches her hair from the future at the end of OVA 3 episode 6 when she and Fuku rewrite Mihoshi's letter.

So, even though -IF- focuses on Ryoko and Ayeka's children, they are by no means the only ones he has with the girls, and I think that the son who marries Masaki Jurai was born first of all, but I'm not 100% on that.

One thing to keep in mind with -If- and Kajishima's continuity in general is that it is really only as relevant as it is contemporary, IE that things change often and trying to connect the dots can be fruitless because they don't actually connect at all.

As to the kids, the other small kids are only shown when Kiriko and Seina are brought into -If- strongly implying that they are his, and why we never see them again as Ryoko and Ayeka's daughters grow with Seina's son.

The One is definitely Amane's, the darker haired one is more than likely Ryoko Balta's, and with the introduction of GXP Novel 10, the one Mihoshi curl one is most likely Mihoshi's Grandmother's with Seina.

As to Washu and Tenchi's son from 21st century, he has to come much later on because of the significance, again, of showing Ryoko's child first, and Ayeka's coming right after.
by wwwwhhhhoooo
Dagon123 wrote:and with the introduction of GXP Novel 10, the one Mihoshi curl one is most likely Mihoshi's Grandmother's with Seina.

What now? (wait, was it Mikami? and if so, isn't she her aunt--no, great aunt? Idk) &ohyeahonemoretime, what now??
by Nobuyuki
wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:
Dagon123 wrote:and with the introduction of GXP Novel 10, the one Mihoshi curl one is most likely Mihoshi's Grandmother's with Seina.

What now? (wait, was it Mikami? and if so, isn't she her aunt--no, great aunt? Idk) &ohyeahonemoretime, what now??

"Great-aunt" is the known relationship, yes... but with Kuramitsu's, who knows; it could be Mitoto's. :wink:

ImageImage
by shadow_s_writer
#22255 Well, I hate to bust your bubble (well that not true, I really like busting peoples bubbles.)

From "IF" we know that Seina's children are fostered with Tenchi's brood, we know that because of all the scenes of Seina's son with Tenchi and Tenchi's girls. Therefore it is quite likely that the infants shown are a mixture of Seina's and Tenchi's offspring. My guess this would be normal for the Masaki clan as while we know that half of Yosho's decedents return to Earth, the other half do not. A yet most of the Masaki clan are raised on Earth.

Also I suspect that there is a indicator on who is the father of each child, the Band-Aid on the forehead. Kirko's and Amane's children have the Band-Aid, while the babe with the blond forelock does not have one. At means that child was not fathered by Seina. Now GPX 10 may tell a different story, but I doubt that K-sensei would have Seina sleeping around after the marriage, if only due to exhaustion due to have four to nine wives to handle. And can you see Seina's core group allowing any more intruders into they marriage (That child is younger than Kiriko's son, therefore born after the marriage.

As for the green haired infant, she is likely Noike's daughter. Both Seina and Ryoko-B are black haired, so K-sensei is not likely to colored their child with green hair. Also that child has no forehead Band-Aid, therefore not Seina's offspring. And finally the picture shows that Ryoko-B is pregnant at the time depicted in the picture, lending more weight that the green hair girl is not her offspring.

Now here a question to ponder. That picture shows three small cabbits with the infants, are they the same ones as before, or are they new ones, maybe even offspring of Fuku?
by WisperG
shadow_s_writer wrote:Well, I hate to bust your bubble (well that not true, I really like busting peoples bubbles.)

From "IF" we know that Seina's children are fostered with Tenchi's brood, we know that because of all the scenes of Seina's son with Tenchi and Tenchi's girls. Therefore it is quite likely that the infants shown are a mixture of Seina's and Tenchi's offspring. My guess this would be normal for the Masaki clan as while we know that half of Yosho's decedents return to Earth, the other half do not. A yet most of the Masaki clan are raised on Earth.

Also I suspect that there is a indicator on who is the father of each child, the Band-Aid on the forehead. Kirko's and Amane's children have the Band-Aid, while the babe with the blond forelock does not have one. At means that child was not fathered by Seina. Now GPX 10 may tell a different story, but I doubt that K-sensei would have Seina sleeping around after the marriage, if only due to exhaustion due to have four to nine wives to handle. And can you see Seina's core group allowing any more intruders into they marriage (That child is younger than Kiriko's son, therefore born after the marriage.

As for the green haired infant, she is likely Noike's daughter. Both Seina and Ryoko-B are black haired, so K-sensei is not likely to colored their child with green hair. Also that child has no forehead Band-Aid, therefore not Seina's offspring. And finally the picture shows that Ryoko-B is pregnant at the time depicted in the picture, lending more weight that the green hair girl is not her offspring.

Now here a question to ponder. That picture shows three small cabbits with the infants, are they the same ones as before, or are they new ones, maybe even offspring of Fuku?

I don't think anyone's bubble has been burst. Nearly everything in this thread is merely speculation after all, so all theories are welcome!

To throw in my two cents, Seina doesn't exactly seem the type to "sleep around" with other women. I wouldn't put it past Kajishima to simply have Seina get hitched to another gal (though he already has more than enough at this point) :roll:

As for the mystery baby (who in my eyes has black hair, not green), its hard to tell. The baby is so young, yet Ryoko Balta already has another big baby bump. However, the hair style, hair color, and even the eye color do more closely match RB, rather than Noike in my opinion.

The cabbits are more than likely the Fuku clones created by Tarant Shank towards the end of GXP. It's been awhile since I've seen that episode, so I don't remember exactly what happened in it, but I would've been surprised if Seina didn't keep them.
by heromech40
#22385 This is great news and a great scan that was posted soawesome1
by TheFrieza
#22939 First of all thank you to Dagon123 for uploading these wonderful scans :)

This certainly has revealed some interesting new plots for a future Tenchi show. I like the idea of Tenchi having a child with both Ryo Oko and Ayeka, having that strong love triangle since basically the start of Tenchi Muyo I think it would have been unfair for him to only have love interest with one and not the other (that's how I feel though :) ) plus surly if he had 1 child with one and not the other then that person would have no reason to stay in the series with Tenchi something I would not like the see either way. I can see some very humorous scenes between the mums and daughters in perhaps the teen years with maybe jealousy (perhaps with age and um pre-portion size's lol). Though if this is the way that the series will go I'm wondering how these scenes will play in anime. Would it focus a lot on the growing up from babies up until teen years or will this be like a short summary at the start of episode 1 then start from when all are older. I don't think Kajishima has revealed everything he has planned for the series and maybe this is just a small taste but if this is the direction its going I'm very much looking forward to it Tenchismile
by wwwwhhhhoooo
TheFrieza wrote:First of all thank you to Dagon123 for uploading these wonderful scans :)

Sharing info and content with fellow fans, that's what fan communities ought to do, right? 8-)

I too have been wondering how, in animated format, Kajishima would show the kids' progression, being gradual or skipping ahead, but I have to admit, a small part of me isn't getting too attached to any idea mainly because his naming it "If" means basically none of this could end up being the actual way it goes (though Tenchi "getting them all" I see as a given at this point).
by susano
#23005 Image

[/quote]

From this page, Tenchi seems to have become a full time farmer. Yet, farming may be treated by Tenchi as a second part time job. He may have become Chief Priest of the Masaki Family Shrine after he graduated from college. The size of the Masaki Residence had to increase to accomadate Tenchi's large family. Likely each of Tenchi's wives have their own homes located near the Masaki Residence. Every one seems to continue to hangout at the Masaki Residence. Tenchi's wives having their own homes may be served as a ruse to hide the truth of Tench's many wvies.