The carnival starts here! Discuss all the things about the main cast we all know and love!
by Llwchwr
#11049 I myself really like the universe storyline and would prefer to see this than an OAV4 for many reasons (OAV3).
So if Tenchi Universe were continued (and not half heatedly like TiT) what would you like to see in it?
Well first of all there would have to be a direct sequel to episode 26 where all the girls return to Tenchi but apart from that there are no loose ends storyline wise that i can think of.

So what do you think should be in a continued Tenchi Universe?
by chucklocker
#11051 In reply to the title of this thread rather than its intended purpose: My head would explode with joy!
Actually as we know Tenchi Universe did in fact continue after its run in the form of the two Tenchi Muyo in Love movies (just thought I'd clarify). This raises the issue of just what is left to do in that storyline. Personally I feel that the storyline/character developement reached its logical and fitting (and awesome!) conclusion. So in my mind any Universe "sequel" would have to take place between the end of the show and the beginning of TMiL2, preferably between the two films.

As for ideas for this new series, I would say that it should stay true to the format established by TU, in that the main story of the season wouldn't begin until perhaps a third of the way in. Since all of the characters have been thouroughly introduced and familiarized there would need to be a greater focus on their pasts. I for one would love to see Ryoko's space pirate past come back and play a big role. Also THERE MUST be more focus and info on Kiyone and Mihoshi's past! we have seen the Jurai side of this universe, so a deeper look at something like the GP or some other new galactic entity would be good. *Passes mic*

p.s. Just putting it out there before someone else does. I don't think TiT wasnt "halfhearted" like you say. As we've noted elsewhere here TiT was a different approach to Tenchi than previous efforts. They did'nt schluff off or anything, it was simply went for a more slapstick approach. Just sayin :)
by Llwchwr
#11052 To clarify chuck i didn't mean that TiT was half hearted i do like it (haven't watched it in a while) but the way it starts of is a sequel to Tenchi Universe, well in my mind anyway before they go and change the whole backstory.
Ryoko's backstory would be good and maybe some clarification over the whole Ayeka and Ryoko backstory differences thing (the way they were always the exact opposite of what they other said).
To be honest i forgot about the movies so if it were continued it would have to be before the movies or at least the second.
Hopefully a mishohi backstory wont turn into what it is in OVA3 where there is her brother and a certain 'incident'. Kiyone backstory would be fun, her before Mihoshi. Plenty of idead are there to choose from in the manga as well.
by Thorn
#11053 If we were to follow in the continuity of Universe alone, I'd like to see what became of Tenchi and Ryoko after that final scene, though it would probably be more fighting over Tenchi and teasing the audience. I don't remember it being covered in the anime, so I'd also be interested in seeing a glimpse into how Kiyone and Mihoshi met and came to be partners. What became of Nagi after the final few episodes? How--if at all--has her dynamic with Ryoko changed after her last encounter with Tenchi & Co. I think we'd all like to see a new villian in Universe, and not one that's over the top like the major villian of OVA 3.
by Ballsmagee01
#11057 Well I'd start to cry tears of joy if they did make TU continue. And as stated before it would have to pick up right after the third movie. I'd also would like to see if Tenchi would fall for one of the girls also.
by Dagon123
#11059 Discussion of reboot remake thread. This topic is very interesting and multi-faceted and elicits different emotions and personality, don't cross any personal lines.
by Thorn
#11061 I think most of OVA 3 could probably go. As for cast, I don't really know. I wouldn't mind Brian Drummond on cast, although I'm not sure as which character.
by Lighthawk93
#11065 The only problems to me for OVA 3 were the pile of new characters too soon, the sudden change in the art form, the unanswered question throught it, and of course Ryoko's sudden voice change.
by Thorn
#11066 Oh, God! I love Mona Marshall on South Park, but that voice just doesn't work for Ryoko.