The carnival starts here! Discuss all the things about the main cast we all know and love!
by mitsuki lover
#29769 Really?
Well I guess that's because I have never seen OVA 3. Of course we are pretty much getting into
metaphysical area here with such questions. I think it's the Tenchi equivalent of the whole
Free Will vs. Predestination debate.
by Ukinojo92
mitsuki lover wrote:Well I guess that's because I have never seen OVA 3.

umm, yeah just don't if you want to keep happy memories of Tenchi alive. OVA 3 did not have Buchard as Ryoko, and it has holes in the story that are not explained unless you read the doujins. So as curious as you might be, and loyal as a fan, don't watch if you still want to be a fan. Trying not to be bad, but OVA 3 is where people lost faith in Tenchi.
by JGZinv
#29797 Technically it might be GXP where they lost faith. OVA 3 just drove the nail straight through the skull.
by Ukinojo92
JGZinv wrote:Technically it might be GXP where they lost faith. OVA 3 just drove the nail straight through the skull.

Yeah, but OVA 3 was suppose to be the continuation of the awesome series from OVA 1&2. Then we saw it, and got a lot things we didn't like (hint: Noike) and it is considered canon to the story. That's GXP, however we anticipated OVA 3 for a long time, and then we get a multiverse and goddess plot device that doesn't get explained well. Which is now what we are discussing to make it make sense.
by Ukinojo92
mitsuki lover wrote:If only it was as easy to explain away like J.J.Abram's hatred for Star Trek, but unfortunately in this case it's the original creator.

The problem with OVA 3 was Kajishima wanted to move on and so he did a shabby job of it in order to satisfy everyone as quickly as he could.
by Ukinojo92
mitsuki lover wrote:Oh like he was doing this: sakuyafinger1 to fandom?

No he was just being difficult and himself, though this discussion should be moved to the OVA3/GXP thread, I think.