The carnival starts here! Discuss all the things about the main cast we all know and love!
by Alex Morgan
#31005 http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ars/.94304

Hopefully they find someone who sounds like Ryoko and stop abusing her character.
Seriously... I'm exited that their is a possibility this might not be total shit. The first 1-14 OAV's where canon TO ME ;) (ninja edit)
by WisperG
Alex Morgan wrote:http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-10-16/4th-tenchi-muyo-ryo-ohki-announced-after-10-years/.94304

Hopefully they find someone who sounds like Ryoko and stop abusing her character.
Seriously... I'm exited that their is a possibility this might not be total shit. The first 14 OAV's where canon.

With Kajishima at the helm it really could go either way depending on how much creative control he was given, but looking at his recent doijinshi, probably not the way we want it to go. His last foray into Masaki-household-starring material was OVA3, which wasn't exactly looked upon favorably my many.

I'm not sure what you're last comment means though. OVA3 (i.e. OVA episodes 14-20, or 15-21 if you're counting the Here Comes Jurai 2 short), GXP and Geminar are also canon to the OVA timeline.
by AstroNerdBoy
Alex Morgan wrote:Hopefully they find someone who sounds like Ryoko and stop abusing her character.

Well, ORIKASA Ai is returning to do the roll, as she's done from day 1. Oh wait, you meant the English dubs. ;-)

WisperG wrote:With Kajishima at the helm it really could go either way depending on how much creative control he was given, but looking at his recent doijinshi, probably not the way we want it to go. His last foray into Masaki-household-starring material was OVA3, which wasn't exactly looked upon favorably my many.

If you are referring to the -If- doujinshi, I think this was always the way he was going to go if he did an OVA 4. As I recall it, even as OVA 3 was being created, he basically stated that when it came to a 4th OVA, it would be a story akin to what happened after World War II. OVA 1 through 3 were the "war" story and OVA 4 would be aftermath. That's why I never believed he'd actually do it for years, but I guess the urge to tell that aftermath story is what is driving OVA 4.

I liked what I saw in the -If- doujinshi, but that's just me.

I'm not sure what you're last comment means though. OVA3 (i.e. OVA episodes 14-20, or 15-21 if you're counting the Here Comes Jurai 2 short), GXP and Geminar are also canon to the OVA timeline.

Yeah, those are all canon.
by AstroNerdBoy
mitsuki lover wrote:I was thinking of the Japanese original too when I read that. Though even there I wonder how many of the original cast they could get.

Aeka's original seiyuu (TAKADA Yumi) retired, I think. So she was replaced in Ai Tenchi Muyo and her replacement, NANAO Haruhi, did a really good job of capturing Yumi's performance as Aeka.

So what don't they consider canon would be a better question.

Anything not written by Kajishima-sensei is not considered canon.
by Ukinojo92
#31039 I feel like this thread needs to be merged with Nil's thread to save time, one thread instead of two threads on the same subject.

AstroNerdBoy wrote:Aeka's original seiyuu (TAKADA Yumi) retired, I think. So she was replaced in Ai Tenchi Muyo and her replacement, NANAO Haruhi

This is true, the 4th OVA will have Nanao Haruhi, as the voice actor for Ayeka since her original seiyuu (Takada Yumi) retired.

AstroNerdBoy wrote:Anything not written by Kajishima-sensei is not considered canon.

It really doesn't matter if it's canon or not, it's Tenchi, we just want a new series, Universe wasn't canon but it was still great.
by mitsuki lover
#31041 I always thought Universe was canon..oh! well...a fun ride any way. And it did give us everyone's favorite bounty hunter not named Spike Spiegel.

My main question about the cast of the new series/ova would be whether or not Yokayama Chisa
would be returning to do Sasami again.
by Nobuyuki
it did give us everyone's favorite bounty hunter not named Spike Spiegel.

But I don't recall Rally in Universe... :-?
by JGZinv
#31053 Canon is a sad word, particularly when Kajishima creates doujinshi.

Hasegawa - better
Okuda - better
Negishi TMU - better

Seeing a pattern here...

Maybe Disney will buy AIC.
by WisperG
mitsuki lover wrote:I always thought Universe was canon..oh! well...a fun ride any way. And it did give us everyone's favorite bounty hunter not named Spike Spiegel.

So, you never noticed all those details that didn't match up with the OVAs, like Washu being in the cave instead of Ryoko, Kagato being the villain again, but looking completely different and having a completely different evil scheme, Tenchi having a different mother in TMiL vs OVA3, or the fact that Kiyone is even there at all?

I'm almost sorry we corrected you. I wish Universe was the "main" continuity. So much potential there.