The carnival starts here! Discuss all the things about the main cast we all know and love!
by susano
#31056 I am glad of the announcement of OVA 4 happening. I do hope that one of the main antagonists happens to be a member of the mysterious Airai. Another choice for a main antagonist is Ayeka's and Sasami's father King Azusa. I speculate that Azusa will be merely testing Tenchi to see if he is worthy to married Ayeka and Sasami. Even strangely, Katsuhito, Ayeka, and Sasami will be learning that they may be having a little sibling or two.

kain2-1 Kiyofacepalm1
by Ukinojo92
highgear56 wrote:Since OVA 3 and Ai were terrible I'll just set my expectations super low. Hopefully I'll be wrong, but I don't expect Kajishima to do this the way we'd want.

Ai wasn't terrible, it was just admittedly average, it was nostalgia for fans. Though it is a good idea to not think of the previous OVA's and keep an open mind, so whatever OVA 4 is, can be enjoyed.
by WisperG
mitsuki lover wrote:Maybe OVA 4 will have more Kiyone. kiyonesmile1
We can only hope.

Man, you really didn't know the OVAs and Universe weren't connected despite all the discrepancies, did you? I pointed a few of them out to you on the previous page, but I guess you didn't see that.

GP Kiyone doesn't exist in the OVA continuity. So there's no chance of that happening.
by WisperG
mitsuki lover wrote:What about the Mihoshi Special ? I thought that was connected to the OVAs.

That one is kinda hard to place. I've always thought it was more likely in the Hasegawa continuity, assuming Kiyone was real and not some fictional partner Mihoshi created for her story, though it doesn't fit cleanly there either.

Regardless of it's intended canonicity when it first came out, Kajishima had little involvement in the Mihoshi Special, and as such doesn't acknowledge it, or Kiyone, who was not created by him.

He already has his own character named Kiyone in the OVA continuity, Tenchi's mother, who is completely different than Achika, Tenchi's mother from Universe and TMiL.
by Ukinojo92
#31102 Mihoshi Special is a different continuity as it is a spinoff for the appearance of Pretty Sammy

This is for OVA 4 which is assumed to be under Kajishima until further info comes out in November
by JGZinv
#31104 I could cite the blu rays, the LDs, or probably a couple more sources that lumped the Special in with the OVA...

*whistles to himself*