The carnival starts here! Discuss all the things about the main cast we all know and love!
by Daydreamwalker
#33177 I'm not sure if you all have seen this yet, but it looks like OVA 4 is slated to be released this Fall:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-02/tenchi-muyou-season-4-reveals-staff-ending-song-fall-ova-launch-visual/.101716

The article lists some information about staff updates and casting. Masami Kikuchi, Ai Orikasa, and Haruhi Nanao (from Ai Tenchi Muyo) will be returning to play Tenchi, Ryoko, and Ayeka respectively. Hideki Shirane (scriptwriter for War on Geminar/Isekai no Seikishi) will also return to supervise and write scripts for OVA 4.

They've even chosen an ending theme song: "Shake the DiCE" by Serena Kozuki.

I'm not entirely sure on an exact release date. One article I read mentioned an October premiere, but on the official website there seems to be a November date displayed: 11/30/2016. Maybe they had to push the release date back? Unfortunately I can't read Japanese, so I'm not sure. Would it be possible to get a rough translation of the website info?

Based on the new promo image that has been released, it looks like this series will be a tie in to War on Geminar/Isekai no Seikishi, just as others have speculated. The image features Rea, including what appears to be a younger version of her when she was still on Geminar, as well as Tenchi's aunt, Minaho.

Anywho, what are your thoughts? Are you excited that we will be seeing more Tenchi soon...or nah? Tenchismile

Edit: Sorry, I just saw where ya'll already have a discussion about all of this. I'm so late! blush1 Anyway, don't mind me...
by Nobuyuki
#33192 Image

Cast list:
http://tenchimuyo4th.com/contents/stacast/index.html (Goog-trans'd, of course)
Tenchi: Masami Kikuchi
Ryoko: Ai Orikasa
Ayeka: Haruhi Nanao
Sasami: Chisa Yokoyama
Mihoshi: Michie Tomizawa
Washu: Yuko Kobayashi
Ryo-o-ki: Etsuko Kozakura
Noike: Naomi Shindo
Katsuhito: SakanaKen ? (魚健)
Nobuyuki : Katsuyuki Konishi

R(L)eia: Natsuki Rio
Mizuho Masaki: Yuko Nagashima

More goodies:
http://tenchimuyo4th.com/contents/chara ... 00000.html
http://tenchimuyo4th.com/contents/produ ... index.html - CD single (opening theme?) released 29 Nov 2016

Early order bonus Kajishima drawing:
by JGZinv
#33193 Looks like they need to take a art class on perspective.... or Ryoko is about to return the slap herd round the universe.
by susano
#33194 From what I have read to date, it seem that the date of the first episode is set around Nobuyuki's and Rea's wedding. One of the candidates for the series' main villain is Tarant Shrank. Tarant had tried to kidnapped Siena's family. Tenchi and the gang was able to stop Tarant Shrank.

gendo1 picard1
by JGZinv
#33195 Shouldn't they have killed that guy in GXP though? When he Hoover'd the main battleship into a blackhole?
by Nobuyuki
#33196 Yes, but GXP events would be in the future from OVA 3's perspective, and possibly OVA 4's.

by JGZinv
#33197 Without a Chousin level intervention, I honestly can't see Shank of all villans (come on he's basically a serious version of Seiryo) beat down the Tenchi household. Ryoko alone would jack him up.
by Nobuyuki
#33198 That was the basic joke of his unseen GXP encounter with them.
Although he did become a cyborg because of it.
by Ukinojo92
#33199 A bright side to this OVA is that we might see some space stuff again, though it might not be center stage as it looks like Rea and Mizuho are going to have roles that affect the plot somehow seeing the art.

JGZinv wrote:Without a Chousin level intervention, I honestly can't see Shank of all villans (come on he's basically a serious version of Seiryo) beat down the Tenchi household. Ryoko alone would jack him up.

Im with Zinv, it would literally take less that 10 minutes for the Tenchi gang to beat down anyone, maybe 5. The gang is overpowered, though Shank comes from a guild which has studied Royal Tree's (from the Shin Tenchi novels) and has made technologies of their own. So there might be a challenge, sorta.
by susano
#33200 Astronerdboy has an article which features a timeline for the Ryo-Ohki and GXP series. According to the timeline, Nobuyuki marries Rea during the Autumn of 1995. If Tenchi was able to go back to school, he will be in Grade 3. The students who are in Grade 3 of high school are Seniors. Tenchi has been focusing on his studies. The computer which Nobuyuki had given Tenchi is a clue that Tenchi is focusing on his studies. It is likely Washu is one of Tenchi's tutors.

Since Tenchi is meeting his Aunt Minaho for the first time in the series, the first episode is going to occur around the date of Nobuyuki's and Rea's wedding. When it come to an appearance of Tarant Shrank, there is a strong chance that he will make an appearance. Right now, I considered Tarant Shrank to be candidate for the main villain of OVA 4.

According to Tenchi Muyo Wkia, Tarant Shrank did come to Earth in order to kidnapped Siena's family as well as hold them hostage. Tenchi and the gang were able to prevent Shrank from kidnapping Siena's family. There is a slight clue of the incident in the GXP episode where Ryoko was order to kill Siena.

If there is an episode where Shrank makes an appearance, he and the members of his crew with Shrank are totally unaware of the power status of Tenchi and the others have.

gendo1