The carnival starts here! Discuss all the things about the main cast we all know and love!
by Dagon123
peruano99 wrote:by the way why did most tenchi dvds ran out of print?

Because Pioneer/Geneon never made big print runs of there shows (unlike FUNimation who prints there shows a million times in too many different variations)

Also, Geneon left the R1 Market in 2007, because of that, their production for shows stopped, thats why all of their stuff is ridiculously priced and Out of print, because there weren't millions of copies made and new ones may not be made in the near future
by Dagon123
peruano99 wrote:
Dagon123 wrote:
peruano99 wrote:by the way why did most tenchi dvds ran out of print?

Because Pioneer/Geneon never made big print runs of there shows (unlike FUNimation who prints there shows a million times in too many different variations)

Also, Geneon left the R1 Market in 2007, because of that, their production for shows stopped, thats why all of their stuff is ridiculously priced and Out of print, because there weren't millions of copies made and new ones may not be made in the near future

how does the brick pack for the universe look like? and I just bought the Geneon one for my cousin for 60 dollars.. is that all right for the series?

The Geneon one is the brick pack, might I ask where you are finding these deals?

by JGZinv
#4371 Seems good to bring this guide out of mothballs - http://www.otakunews.com/piratefaq.php

There's a handful of Dual bootlegs out there too, mostly of the JP and US DVD releases.
Both individuals and box set bootlegs, but the latter are far more common. They typically use
the image from the Graphic Data File for the front cover, or an image of D from DVD 3 on the bootlegs.

Officially:

1 Box set and 4 DVDs for US.
Around 6 DVDs, 4 box sets at least, two LD box sets, and a set of VHS tapes.
There's even a official spanish box set, far as I know, it had a red cover with the core robot hartzenen on it.
2 OSTs and a CD Single
1 CD-ROM Desktop Accessory that never made it to retailers.
Azumanga 2 CD-ROM and book set
Various books and other stuff that's not "bootlegable"...

Bootleg wise...

Both OSTs have been bootleg'd for a long time. Son May and Ever Anime are common labels. The CD cover
looks off color and the discs and booklets are different inside. These don't pop up as much, but they still
come up on eBay and on certain online retailers. GKworld out of New York used to have thousands of bootleg
discs for sale, I reported them to the FBI years ago but it seems they are still in business.

There's roughly 3 DVD sets that are bootleg. The individual DVD bootlegs are quite hard to find unless you're in a bootleg store.
by Blade-of-the-Moon
#6124 The first set I bought was a bootleg..wasn't even a clever one..just a big thick black clamshell box with all the discs in plastic sleeves. I just didn't know any better at the time..but I learned quickly thanks to forum topics on the subject like this one.
by Blade-of-the-Moon
mitsuki lover wrote:I have the complete Dual R 1 set.For the record the covers for each have the following:
1.Mitsuki Sanada
2.D
3.Mitsuki Rara
4.Kazuki

Wonder why they used Kazuki for #4 instead of Yayoi.

I just bought the complete set myself via eBay.

Well she is in an interior at least.. no clue why not the cover though. :?

The recipes inside each case were a bit odd.. :lol:
by mitsuki lover
#6267 I was wondering because the three other covers had the other three girls on them,and then four has for some odd reason
Kazuki.I know he's the hero of the series,but still when three of the covers have three of the main heroines on them..
by JGZinv
#6279 Yayoi isn't a main heroine... she's a plot device.
Besides she had her own VHS and JP DVD cover, is on the US DVD box and Jap LDs.
by Blade-of-the-Moon
mitsuki lover wrote:I was wondering because the three other covers had the other three girls on them,and then four has for some odd reason
Kazuki.I know he's the hero of the series,but still when three of the covers have three of the main heroines on them..

Are any of the guys in these shows really the " hero " ? :lol: