The carnival starts here! Discuss all the things about the main cast we all know and love!
by JGZinv
#24134 Yeah it's a bootleg, the big SM is for Son May which is a pretty well known bootleg publisher.

The ayeka sample we might be able to translate, but we'd have to have better scans of the others to
do anything with it. Sort of looks like they hybrid'd a couple different discs together.
by sery242
#24135 Yeah I know it's a bootleg and wasn't arguing that fact lol. I can probably scan the cover at some point, but the information on the back is exactly the same as the shot of the menu of the dvd. From what I can tell from the while I've had it, the thing that comes closes to a description is this
“Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki Sound File” but again I'm not versed enough to know for certain. Thanks for the response though lol, I've just had this for so long I'm just curious to finally figure it out
by Dagon123
sery242 wrote:Yeah I know it's a bootleg and wasn't arguing that fact lol. I can probably scan the cover at some point, but the information on the back is exactly the same as the shot of the menu of the dvd. From what I can tell from the while I've had it, the thing that comes closes to a description is this
“Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki Sound File” but again I'm not versed enough to know for certain. Thanks for the response though lol, I've just had this for so long I'm just curious to finally figure it out

It is very much a bootleg, BUT it is an interesting bootleg in that I don't think I've EVER seen a SonMay Bootleg that is entirely in Japanese before (with the exception of the soundfile name on the disc).

As far as price collectibility, that's hard to say, I never thought we'd get to a point where the bootlegs would get as collectible as the real McCoys until I got bid sniped on a rare Tokyo bootleg so, lol

Thanks for sharing this! The sheer amount of Tenchi bootlegs is astonishing really.
by sery242
#24138 No problem! It's just a really odd thing is all. I know I posted a link of what I think it might be ^ in my above posting, but the odd thing is compared to what is listed there it's identical expect for the last two episodes of the disk. Where the link describing the actual "Sound File" says it should be a clip show describing the production of Season 2 of the OVA, it isn't. It's two live concert footage shots (i'll put them below). I can't place the first song for certain, but the second is the ending theme of Tenchi Universe so it's really oddly dated for a dvd containing mostly music videos for the first half of the ova.

Screens from the first concert video
This is one that has what the track they're performing is:
And this is the best shot I could get of both performers:
I'd be willing to guess that's Chisa Yokoyama and i don't know who.

And here's the second concert video screen cap

That appears to be Ai Orikasa and Yumi Takada I think.. I'm not entirely sure. I could be entirely wrong with my assumptions but that's a fair guess on my part.
As far as value goes, I mean I could be entirely wrong and it could be utterly worthless but with how things go now a days it's funny. I've seen people pay way more than reasonable for something like a toy knock off because it was just different and they had to have it for a collection.
by GregTheLion
#28930 Alright guys, here's the thing. I wanna buy a TM OST off ebay. The only trouble is I don't know which one's are authentic.

I checked the internet on both of them, and they have decently analyzed playlists. Can anybody help me out with this?
by WisperG
#28932 The one on the bottom is definitely legit. I've seen it before. Geneon released it themselves in the US.
http://www.amazon.com/Tenchi-Muyo-Vario ... B00008BRD9
by Ukinojo92
#29082 Looking on the tenchi muyo 20th anniversary twitter and found this
Pretty sure it's a bootleg since it uses this picture
by Ukinojo92
#29163 My mistake in my previous post, as the dvd is real but sold exclusively in Takahashi City

links
https://twitter.com/kaleidevoiceok/status/591772658410205184
https://twitter.com/tsukumotakumi/status/591774116518047745