The carnival starts here! Discuss all the things about the main cast we all know and love!
by wwwwhhhhoooo
#6628 lol :lol:
& ur probably right mitsukilover, those guys seem to 'know a guy' for every occassion...

A bit more on topic with regards to the dangers of bootlegging, may I ask crazypackers fan, if your bootlegged copy of Universe looked like any of the pictures we already have in place (on the first page of this thread)? & do you still have those dvds? If you still have them & especially if they looked any different from any of the pics of examples of bootlegged dvds, posting a pic or two of said dvd's could really help other potential buyers know what else to look for to avoid.

Entirely up to you though, don't feel like you have to. After all, the best rule of thumb is to carefully study the originals--doesn't matter entirely how they're different, just that they are different where it counts.
by JGZinv
#7481 You buy through legit channels ML.. all the time... you're not exposed to it as much as some of us...
by bkev
#15296 I have to admit I don't regret my bootleg sets. I bought them 7 or so years ago (wow!) and they look great on my shelf. It's such a shame that the packaging is SO nice (engrish aside) but that the discs are so cheaply made... the layer breaks on some of them are so bad I have DVD players that won't make the transfer and send me back to the menu! At least they are dual-layer. Apparently a lot aren't.

There's a TU bootleg in the style of the one labeled "NEW Tenchi" that I have that isn't shown here. I'll try and find a picture.

Given the choice I'd buy the real deal now, of course. But hey - not letting go of my autographed sets anytime soon.
by Dagon123
bkev wrote:There's a TU bootleg in the style of the one labeled "NEW Tenchi" that I have that isn't shown here. I'll try and find a picture.

You mean this? (Which was pictured at the very bottom)

Of course this could be one volume of it, but I doubt the bootleggers would waste time on single sets, lol