The carnival starts here! Discuss all the things about the main cast we all know and love!
by bkev
#15304 Well despite the art used on the front, that's actually a set for Tenchi in Tokyo. They must have taken the "shin" to mean that. There's another one with a similar case for Tenchi Universe, only it's a darker blue and... I think uses OVA art. Damn pirates!
by Dagon123
#20194 A bootleg I found on eBay a little while ago, other than it not even attempting to look like the original versions (and also being VCD which...yea, lol), I actually really love the way they designed the cover, lol

by mitsuki lover
Dagon123 wrote:A bootleg I found on eBay a little while ago, other than it not even attempting to look like the original versions (and also being VCD which...yea, lol), I actually really love the way they designed the cover, lol

So what exactly is a VCD?
by Dagon123
The_evil_Genius wrote:Did japan ever release a box set that contained all the series together?

They did (at least the original saga), It was released as the "10th Anniversary Set"

Tenchi Muyo 10th Anniversary DVD Box Set (R2) (Hyb) Limited Import - RightStuf

mitsuki lover wrote:So what exactly is a VCD?

It's literally what it sounds like, a "Video CD", so think DVD, except on a CD and with a 700mb limit, hence why there were 7 CDs, lol

Despite it widely being used by pirates and never catching on in the US due to it's own format restrictions, VCD is a legitimate video medium

This however, was very much a bootleg
by Dagon123
#24116 Found a new Tenchi Universe Bootleg the other day while browsing ebay (never ceases to amaze me I'm STILL finding new bootlegs of Tenchi to this day)

It's cute how they try and post the barcode in the listing to make it seem legit, when clearly the black bolded text is a design no-no and I've never heard of a MEPG before, lol
by Dagon123
mitsuki lover wrote:Wild guess you found it on Ebay right?

Dagon123 wrote:Found a new Tenchi Universe Bootleg the other day while browsing ebay (never ceases to amaze me I'm STILL finding new bootlegs of Tenchi to this day)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201101819942?ss ... 1423.l2649
by Makoto_Mizuhara
Dagon123 wrote:
mitsuki lover wrote:Wild guess you found it on Ebay right?

Dagon123 wrote:Found a new Tenchi Universe Bootleg the other day while browsing ebay (never ceases to amaze me I'm STILL finding new bootlegs of Tenchi to this day)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201101819942?ss ... 1423.l2649

REALLY loving the effort these guys are putting into their pirated work, INCLUDING the disclaimer about pirating on the back. The irony...
by sery242
#24133 Hey there everyone, I'm not exactly sure if this is the right place to ask about this or not but it was worth the chance to register to ask. I've got this dvd, which I'm fairly certain is a bootleg of sorts. Let me give some backstory on it first on it. I purchased this back in 2000 off of ebay (this wasn't long after the series started airing here in the and as a kid and fan of the series I jumped at the opportunity to get something that was weird and unique lol. There wasn't much of a description for it, and I certainly didn't (and still don't) read Japanese so I took a gamble. What I ended up with was a dvd that as far as I can tell is pretty well made but that doesn't say much lol. I just wanted to know if anyone could give me some information on the content of it or if it's got any value as a collectible beyond what I paid for it (that I really couldn't tell you it's been a long time ago) I took some pictures and a few snap shots of the dvd and everything so any information would be great to know. I've been trying to find out about this for a few years and then I totally forgot about it. Moving and everything it got packed up and long since forgotten about, so I figured what better place to ask than a Tenchi Muyo forum.

Front Cover
Back Cover
Insert
Disc Cover

Main Menu

and two samples

Any info would be really appreciated for sure and if this is the wrong place for a post sorry