The carnival starts here! Discuss all the things about the main cast we all know and love!
by Kiyoka
 ! wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:
Note: The Following Posts May Contain Spoilers!

Has to be for me when the Mitsu dies in the manga. WHat really made it a tear jerker was when the Mitsu realised who she was and said.. "Thank you" before Ayeka kills it. *SNIFF* I had those tears ready to let loose, so had to put book down before reading last two pages. THat was a few days ago! Usually brings a tear to my eye that story.

What about you?
by chucklocker
#17883 Ah yes, the mitsu story is indeed a real tear jerkerer. Hmm... Other than that (and outside the manga, lol) I would have to say the "death" of Ryoko in TU. It literally brought tears to my eye... when I was 10 years old. Today though, its gotta be that previously mentioned scene, Ryoko/Ayeka's reaction to Tenchi's "death" in OVA 1, and the whole tragic story of Haruna in TMiL:2.
by Kiyami
#17893 I would have to agree with Chuck, as the scene where Ryoko "died" bothers me too, although the Toonami edit cut out the blood running down her arm, the music and the drama got to me :( the final episode of Universe was sad for me too, because it was ending and everyone was coming back, but there were no more adventures to have.
by charliepanayi
#17898 The final episode of Tenchi Universe
The two-part story with Hiwa in the manga
by PurpleWarrior13
#17902 I thought it was pretty sad in Tenchi Universe episode 9 where Tenchi visits his mother's grave, and worse, in the flashback when he's delivered the news that his mother has passed away. It nearly brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it. It's especially sad to me since I had seen "Tenchi in Love" prior to viewing Universe, and had gotten to know Achika as a character, and the movie's bitter-sweet ending (her knowing she was going to die, but deciding to live her life to the fullest anyway).
by wwwwhhhhoooo
#18002 Gah! I think all of these got to me! illtellonyouplz

I'd also have to mention when
in ova we learn, via flashback and her own tearful admission (if memory serves, the only time we see Washu cry) that Washu was a mommy (other than in relation to Ryoko, that is) and her baby was essentially taken away from her. Tears, and many of them.
by Ballsmagee01
#18262 When ryoko "died" episode 23 of Tenchi universe. I balled my eyes out for a hour. But then I'll balled in joy when I saw her again in episode 26. I was 5 at the time XD
by chucklocker
#18332 I always get a bit emotional at the end of TMiL when Achika swears to live each day to its fullest, even though she knows her life will end relatively soon, and that she will never be able to be there when her son needs her the most. We sort of take it for granted that this is how she should feel, especially after her kickass fight against KAIN, but it's easy to forget that she was just a seventeen(?) year old girl who's life had just been turned upside down. Her strength and emotional courage is astoundingly mature beyond her years, and it always brings bittersweet tears to my eyes.