The carnival starts here! Discuss all the things about the main cast we all know and love!
by SilverWhisper
#8730 [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95SYdjRVCR0][/youtube]
However, is it me or are his fingers freakishly huge?
by Nobuyuki
SilverWhisper wrote:However, is it me or are his fingers freakishly huge?

There seems to be a bit of forced perspective in the drawing making them and the sword appear larger. Unfortunately it has the added effect, combined with the shoulder plates, of making him appear a bit pin-headed. ;)
by mitsuki lover
#8909 And here I thought Tenchi was a Patriot! :lol:
Sorry,had to do that when Pin-Headed was used too much Bill O'Reilly.

To get serious though,the one thing that makes Tenchi so interesting is despite all the wierdness that is suddenly thrust
into his life he still remains a pretty normal and even humble guy.I mean you try living with a harem of bodaciously
beautiful space princesses,demonesses/space pirates,mad scientists and space cops without it going to YOUR head.
And despite all that Tenchi is the most normal character around.
by SilverWhisper
#8926 I was trying to restrain from another SpongeBob reference myself...
by wwwwhhhhoooo
mitsuki lover wrote:
To get serious though,the one thing that makes Tenchi so interesting is despite all the wierdness that is suddenly thrust
into his life he still remains a pretty normal and even humble guy.I mean you try living with a harem of bodaciously
beautiful space princesses,demonesses/space pirates,mad scientists and space cops without it going to YOUR head.
And despite all that Tenchi is the most normal character around.

Very good point ML, I always felt the same way about Tenchi. I've actually once heard criticism of Tenchi because he's too 'normal' or 'boring' but that's his personality! A rural Japanese teenager, not one for getting into trouble or adventure (cue Bilbo Baggins comparison) and in general prefers the quiet life. Such criticism annoyed me because not only do I obviously love Tenchi as a character and Tenchi Muyo as a series, but not every teenager in real life is constantly 'yeah! newest gadget! Hardcore loud music! Gettin crunk with my friends and pickin up girls!!! Derp da derp!' I for certain wasn't like that (all the time, anyways) ;) and I happen to have good friends that are very introverted, prefer to keep to themselves, kinda' shy around girls, etc. very much like Tenchi.

& that's why we love him right?! Tenchi Muyo wouldn't have that charm and endearing timelessness if Tenchi were just 'hey! hot girls! which one am I gonna' do first?' (cue Jersey Shore comparison... :x) His politeness and more conservative nature when it comes to women is what makes him so appealing (to us and probably all the girls) and I wouldn't want it any other way.
by shadbomb77
#9633 So I just wanted to let the forum know my thoughts on Tenchi. Tenchi is a character I envy, emulate, admire, and root for. Ever since seeing him on Toonami all those years ago I always wanted to be more like him many ways. The respect he has for the girls, his attitude in the face of trouble, and his ability to grow and become a better person to all. These things I felt would help me in life most. After re-watching the series a few more times I still love Tenchi. I hope to get a costume of him (either Light Hawk Tenchi or normal) for Halloween this year. Other than those quick comments I just wanted to say he definitely deserves to be the main character of my favorite Anime.
by Kiyami
#19713 Lol, this was buried and it's his own series!

So... Tenchi! That time he dressed as a girl. Yes. That was a classic in Universe. Also, in the OVA he has my favorite quote of all time from the show: "Curiosity killed the cat but lucky for me I'm not a cat".