El-Hazard, Dual, Photon, Pretty Sammy, GXP, WoG and other fringe series not starring the main cast.
by Makoto_Mizuhara
Nobuyuki wrote:The loop was closed at the end of OVA 1 episode 7.

Everything in OVA 2 and AW happened before the ending scene in episode 7. :ugeek:
(Notice Ifurita proper isn't in either series.) ;)

Still doesn't explain events post-'Alternative World' into episode 1/7 of OAV 1.
by wwwwhhhhoooo
Makoto_Mizuhara wrote:
Nobuyuki wrote:The loop was closed at the end of OVA 1 episode 7.

Everything in OVA 2 and AW happened before the ending scene in episode 7. :ugeek:
(Notice Ifurita proper isn't in either series.) ;)

Still doesn't explain events post-'Alternative World' into episode 1/7 of OAV 1.

I probably shouldn't jump in here, as I've only seen OVA 1 as of this post, but I'll risk it. If I'm understanding the question correctly, and the fact that apparently OVA 2 events actually take place before events of OVA 1, isn't a causality loop, by definition, "closed"?

Meaning there's not a "beginning" or "end" in a strict linear sense, but rather, due to each event
(Makoto being sent to El-Hazard, and Ifurita in turn waiting thousands of years to meet Makoto)
being a catalyst for the other, and in turn itself, time in this context is cyclical?

I don't know, i saw it as being neverending, thus "closed" as EH uses a predestination approach to time and history. I also kind of thought
Makoto had apparently mastered time and/or dimensional travel
by the ending of OVA1, but I could be way off; I need to keep watching to get a fuller picture.
by Nobuyuki
wwwwhhhhoooo wrote: I also kind of thought
by the ending of OVA1, but I could be way off; I need to keep watching to get a fuller picture.

No, you're right; the scenes in the ep. 7 ending credits are final final.
by wwwwhhhhoooo
Dagon123 wrote:Not really sure what happened here but apparently only the initial run of the Blu-ray box of OVA 1 went out and currently any other re-release has been postponed indefinitely, which is a shame considering that the blu-ray box had the dub.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/GNXA-1060

by Makoto_Mizuhara
Nobuyuki wrote:
wwwwhhhhoooo wrote: I also kind of thought

No, you're right; the scenes in the ep. 7 ending credits are final final.

But events that lead into that from the final episode of 'The Alternative World' are never actually fully explained. The casual loop's main crux as to how Makoto actually got back to his own time is never actually explained is it??? I HAVE TO KNOW!!!
by Nobuyuki
Makoto_Mizuhara wrote:The casual loop's main crux as to how Makoto actually got back to his own time is never actually explained is it??? I HAVE TO KNOW!!!

I just chalk it up to Makoto finally figuring it out a way to return to her after a few years of research and discovery, as he said he would do.
by Makoto_Mizuhara
Nobuyuki wrote:
Makoto_Mizuhara wrote:The casual loop's main crux as to how Makoto actually got back to his own time is never actually explained is it??? I HAVE TO KNOW!!!

I just chalk it up to Makoto finally figuring it out a way to return to her after a few years of research and discovery, as he said he would do.

That's almost as bad a cop-out as the ending to OAV 3...
by Nobuyuki
#23086 Hey, there was a wedding at the end of OVA 3. :P