El-Hazard, Dual, Photon, Pretty Sammy, GXP, WoG and other fringe series not starring the main cast.
by Nobuyuki
Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:I'm going to guess it's not on Netflix, Crackle or some other such thing is it ?
It's a shame they didn't bother to dub it either.. :/

Nope, the license reverted back to Japan, either when or probably before Geneon USA shut down.
As for dubbing, the (lack of) sales performance for the OVA series doomed any chance it had, as well as prompting the title change.

mitsuki lover wrote:Aside from the connection to Tenchi is there anything else that makes Pretty Sammy/Magic Project S worth looking into?

It's funny?
by Blade-of-the-Moon
mitsuki lover wrote:Ok.Is it better to get the OVA or the series?

My vote would be the OVA..but it just fits what I like better. If you liked the Universe episode with Sammy you'll probably like the OVA I think. I guess whether you prefer dubbed or subbed is also a factor.
by Blade-of-the-Moon
mitsuki lover wrote:I started dubbed on tv but now perfer subbed on dvd.

I prefer dubbed ..it just let's me pay more attention to the characters and what's going on instead of reading. Though there are exceptions.. cough ( TM!OVA3 ) cough.
by mitsuki lover
#6362 I perfer the Japanese voices now.I tried listening to the Haibane-Renmei dub when I first switched to subs and felt
the voices sounded off.Probably because I had become used to the sound of the Japanese seiyuus by then.
by tenchi82fan
#22853 I don't know about you guys, but I wish Yugi was in one of these series. Say what you want about Tenchi In Tokyo, one thing I really liked about it was Sasami and Yugi friendship, and wish we saw Yugi in other non canon Tenchi projects, especially the ones that feature Sasami.
by Dagon123
tenchi82fan wrote:I don't know about you guys, but I wish Yugi was in one of these series. Say what you want about Tenchi In Tokyo, one thing I really liked about it was Sasami and Yugi friendship, and wish we saw Yugi in other non canon Tenchi projects, especially the ones that feature Sasami.

That is certainly an interesting angle! I would have never thought to put Yugi in a magical girl series with Sasami but that would make sense considering their history. Nice Idea!
by tenchi82fan
Dagon123 wrote:
tenchi82fan wrote:I don't know about you guys, but I wish Yugi was in one of these series. Say what you want about Tenchi In Tokyo, one thing I really liked about it was Sasami and Yugi friendship, and wish we saw Yugi in other non canon Tenchi projects, especially the ones that feature Sasami.

That is certainly an interesting angle! I would have never thought to put Yugi in a magical girl series with Sasami but that would make sense considering their history. Nice Idea!

Yeah if in any of these magical girls parody series, Sasami is suppose to be Sailor Moon, than she could be one of the four inner Sailor Senseis. Though if I really want to compare their relationship could be something similar to Chibiusa and Hortaru.