El-Hazard, Dual, Photon, Pretty Sammy, GXP, WoG and other fringe series not starring the main cast.
by Nobuyuki
#19608 A MAD has images. Sometimes they're not-quite SFW. :wink:
Thank shades for bringing this to my attention. :cool:

Video from : youtu.be
by chucklocker
#19610 WOW. Nice share Nobuyuki! I haven't seen this Tenchi art before, nor have I seen WoG and Tenchi so closely paired before. Now, is this type of vid something that is made by fans cutting together art and production materials, or is it put together by the studio as part of a promo or special feature? Anyway, thanks for sharing :D
by shades of blue
#19611 I believe it is a combination of existing art pieces and newly created ones, at the end of the clip a couple sketches of the original pieces are even shown. Also of note is Reia in her seikishi pilot suit, which is inspired by the sketches Kajishima included in Sekishi Ban 10.8 & 10.12.
by JGZinv
#19615 I can do without the abundance of nipples... but otherwise that was pretty good.

The remix on the OVA 3 theme wasn't bad either.

Tempted to go all translaty on the text there, but alas I have not the time.
by wwwwhhhhoooo
#19629 Fantastic! Is this entirely fan-made, or just painted? It's amazing, good enough to be some kind of official teaser (like the back-to-back with Geminar and Tenchi, sounds like a loud hint hint to me, and I like what this uploader is driving at).

p.s. Tenchi with six lighthawk wings?! (oh yeah, or can Tenchi-kami do however many he wants?)
by Nobuyuki
wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:Is this entirely fan-made

Yep, according to the credits. He's also got a DRRR! mash-up ending, but thanks to Aniplex :( , you gotta' run another video to get the sound.

Video from : youtube.com

p.s. Tenchi with six lighthawk wings?! (oh yeah, or can Tenchi-kami do however many he wants?)

Check 'em:

Who are we to tell him "no"? ;)
by shades of blue
wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:or can Tenchi-kami do however many he wants?

Since he is a higher dimensional being, like the three choushin, I would imagine his maximum output should exceed the limitations of earth's dimension too. If you recall, Tsunami only generated ten wings because any higher and earth's dimension would begin to tear apart, much like it began to when Tenchi-kami awoke.

That said, Tenchi was originally limited to just three wings because he saw Ryuoh generate three wings. We learn to walk & talk by emulating those around us, do we not? On a subconscious level, his other half picked three wings because that is what he was already familiar with. After his subconscious self had awoken, the limitation was removed.

However, likely due to his still limited understanding of his full power Tenchi opted to use six wings to block the shot Chobimaru fired at earth [OVA3 EP7]. At which point his physical body was once more destroyed. Even then, one could rationalize his choice to use six wings was based on Tenchi's experience because Z was capable of generating five wings and it stands to reason that something man created should be less powerful than a demi-god. So increasing the maximum count by just one should have been enough. Should have.

One could also make a remark, that each wing represents a girl in his harem and him in the center...
inb4 2deep4me :lol: :lol: :lol:
by WisperG
#19656 Whoa, wait. Is that Tenchi's stepmom on the right?

What kind of role does she play in the overall Tenchiverse? I know they hinted at some things in Geminar but I wasn't really sure what to make of it.
by shades of blue
#19659 Yup, that's Reia Masaki. Tenchi's stepmother, mother to Kenshi and native of Geminar. Short answer; Reia was sent to earth to birth a child capable of destroying Gaia, while Neizai & Doll fought Gaia. Neizai was killed in battle or fatally wounded, subduing Gaia. So she was returned to her crystal state and Doll was reverted to an infantile state, so there would be at least one warrior capable of fighting Gaia, should Gaia be reanimated.

Foreword countless millennia, to the point Babalan's father had recovered artifacts of the lost civilization. At that point he injected two crystals into his children. Unbeknown to him, he had injected Gaia's crystal into Babalun and Neizai's crystal into Ulyte. Gaia's crystal corrupted Babalun or he was already corrupt, who knows... what matters in that Neizai hiding in Ulyte's body knew that if her true self were known, Gaia would destroy her, so she assumed the identity of Reia [the] Second. This is why there are two Reias in the story, which is sorta explained in a very rushed way at the end of EP13.

See viewtopic.php?f=19&t=913#p19466 for more details.