Reply To: Toonami Lives… In some form…

Forums Off Topic Other Anime Toonami Lives… In some form… Reply To: Toonami Lives… In some form…

wwwwhhhhoooo
    none

Soundmonkey44 wrote:

Quite frankly i’m just glad to have it back. Wish it was ALL of Saturday night and not just 12/11PM on, but hey, beggers can’t be choosers.

Same here. Shame I can’t watch it much since I don’t have cable (I know someone–likely Z-man–posted where there was a live streaming of it somewhere at some point) but I’m also glad it’s back because it shows that with the efforts of social media devices (being used constructively well how about that?) big names like Steve Blum taking an interest, and the network listening to the influx of fan-submitted petitions and requests, we actually had an impact, and it shows that what you see on tv–stretch it farther, who is sitting in your Congressman’s chair, oval office, etc.–isn’t something totally intangible or unattainable; it’s dependent on, and reflects us in a very real way, and thus we can change it. So, yeah, I thought that was cool.

Criticism is fine, but I don’t like when people are unfairly negative about how much Toonami sucks now, or how it used to be waaaay better, etc….yeah, I was there, I know that, we all know that, but we wanted it after all, and in a world today where networks, corporations, private entities, and individuals alike are so bottom-dollar money/profit driven, the fact that CN listened to viewer input at all and threw us a bone so to speak…yeah, us ‘beggars’ should be a little appreciative me thinks.