El-Hazard, Dual, Photon, Pretty Sammy, GXP, WoG and other fringe series not starring the main cast.
by JGZinv
#9896 Well as I've said elseware, Photon is the ISM as dual! is to Tenchi OVA/GXP.

So yes it does relate in a bunch of ways.

As to streaming it...

Dub
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDqEiHRMSOU

Subs (the better of the two)
http://www.goodanime.net/category/photo ... adventures

Give that a shot.
by mitsuki lover
#9916 From what I read the title hero is so stupid he makes Excel Excel look like a genius. :lol:
by For Washuu
#10072 Eh. Photon isn't really all that dumb, he's just a really simple guy. And pretty quiet. And naive. And innocent... for now.
by mitsuki lover
#10085 If I remember right Photon's somewhat girlfriend,who is also as brain challenged as him,was played by
Hisakawa Aya better known for playing Sailor Mercury on Sailor Moon.If I'm right then not only did she
play one of the most brilliant female characters in anime but also one of the stupidest ones too.
Have to admire that kind of range! :lol:
by shades of blue
#10143 Thou I believe Photon is 15, like the rest of Kajishima's main characters, in a sense he is more like someone even younger than that. He is more like an uncorrupted child, who only thinks of moving forward and the safety of those around him. That does not necessarily make him an idiot, it just makes him unbelievably gullible.

Thou it is amusing that he writes baka [idiot] on everyone's foreheads and ahou can be interpreted as "stupid". Meaning his ahou power [stupid strength] is what makes him strong. :lol: Or, to put it nicely, the ability to overcome any obstacle through sheer willpower, without regard for logic & reason. A trait he shares in common with another, more famous idiot. Monkey D. Luffy.
by mitsuki lover
#10151 They made him younger in the American version because of the entire nudity issue.

I guess this was before SURVIVOR and people walking around in the buff hit American Reality Tv.
by shades of blue
#10159 I don't recall it ever stated how old Photon is, I'm just saying that I assume he is 15 because that is a common age shared by other Kajishima main characters.

Tenchi Masaki 15 in OVA1, 17 by GXP
Kazuki Yotsuga 16
Photon Earth ???
Seina Yamada 15
Kenshi Masaki 15

Japanese ages not given, US ages listed as "19". lol
Gen Hiraga
Taiyo (last name unknown)
Shougo Yoshisuzu
by mitsuki lover
#10180 I read it in a review of Photon that his age was made younger in the American Version because of worries about the fact that Photon goes around naked a lot.I forget which one it was where I read this,either
The Anime Review or Akemi's Anime World.