El-Hazard, Dual, Photon, Pretty Sammy, GXP, WoG and other fringe series not starring the main cast.
by mitsuki lover
#21589 *bump*

This looks worth it just because Aun is played by Horie Yui.And also from what I read recently Orikasa Ai
had a small part in it as she played Keyne in the original CD drama(or was that radio drama? I'm a bit
:? of which it was actually).
by wwwwhhhhoooo
#21623 I think it's worth owning, and it is most definitely worth seeing. Like classic shonen? How about early (non-Hentai) work of Kajishima? Do you enjoy laughing while being open to experiencing something, shall we say, Tenchi-esque? Then you won't be disappointed.
by Yosho24
#21752 Just finished up Photon for the first time. I enjoyed it very much, although it got pretty weird at some points. I found all the characters to be very well-designed and enjoyable. Photon himself is a very likeable protagonist, along with Keyne, Ahn, and Papacha. It takes a little while for the story to really pick up, but it was very good. Go check it out if you haven't already.
by For Washuu
#21776 No, I wouldn't way that. It's just that -true to Kajishima's style- the plot-elements present in the first 2/3 of the story aren't clearly labeled "ELEMENTS OF THE PLOT" like in a lot of anime.
by Yosho24
#21779 Its not unlike Tenchi in the sense that the main villain of the OVA doesnt show up until the second to last episode. There's a lot of content that was squeezed into the 6 episodes, much like Tenchi. Lots of character development, which really helps to immerse you in their world, and care for the characters. Not to mention quite a few plot twists towards the end of the series. The only downside is that the series felt a little too short, but that doesnt take away from the charm that it has. You should most definitely give it a watch because it's definitely enjoyable and filled with a lot of hilariously goofy goodness.
by mitsuki lover
#21815 Well it should be on my need to see list just because as I said it's got Horie Yui in it.
Durn if she isn't one of my favorite female seiyuus. soawesome1
by Yosho24
#21819 Yeah shes great as aun. Easily the best voice actor on the show