El-Hazard, Dual, Photon, Pretty Sammy, GXP, WoG and other fringe series not starring the main cast.
by wwwwhhhhoooo
Yosho24 wrote:Yeah shes great as aun. Easily the best voice actor on the show

She's just phenomenal, period. Though her performance is excellent, and her character admittedly provided an interesting blend for the show's dynamics, at the risk of opening a can of worms did anybody not despise Aun? Or at least find her difficult to tolerate at all times? Maybe it's just me, but it was hard for me to salvage her as a redeemable character in the end. And though the potential is arguably there to a degree, there really don't seem to be Keyne vs. Aun camps* as there are for, say, Ryoko and Ayeka (maybe there was in the past, I don't know, but I guess it's to be expected largely in part to it being far less popular than Tenchi). Thoughts?

*not to compare Keyne vs. Aun with Ryoko vs. Ayeka in an "equal" sense: I have no qualms with Ayeka, or anyone wanting her to get Tenchi, as she is a worthy opponent for Ryoko, excellent match for Tenchi and a genuinely relatable character...unlike Aun with respect to Keyne and Photon respectively, imo.
by For Washuu
#21986 Aun? Well, I definitely thought she deserved to have バカ written on her head more than anyone, but I didn't despise her. She was annoying to no end, but she was a deeper character than many out there in anime, and... sometime you just need a total stinker in the cast, you know? ;)
by wwwwhhhhoooo
For Washuu wrote:sometime you just need a total stinker in the cast, you know? ;)

I absolutely agree. I love to hate her, and she adds that "x" ingredient; it would be a comparatively dull experience without her.
by AJ LightH
#26733 Anyone know where I can buy the Photon series cheap? I loved the whole thing and want it in my collection.

badass1
by WisperG
#26737 ^ Well, depends on what you consider cheap. The DVD is somewhat rare.

New copies on Amazon start at $70 and only go up from there.

Used copies in good condition run about $30 or so, which is certainly cheaper by comparison.

Assuming you care what condition it's in you won't find it for much less than that, unless you get lucky on an eBay auction or manage to find one in a used video store.
by JGZinv
#26739 It shows up at larger cons pretty frequently from $30 to $70.

I'm sure if you throw a "want" add in the appropriate section we can keep an eye out.
by mitsuki lover
#26758 There's always the slight chance that either Nozomi or Discotek might pick it up.Like I say it's a very
slight hope/chance like something like that would happen.
by Almael
#26762 Photon has always (seemingly) young boy body so I dunno where this comes from.
by AJ LightH
WisperG wrote:^ Well, depends on what you consider cheap. The DVD is somewhat rare.

New copies on Amazon start at $70 and only go up from there.

Used copies in good condition run about $30 or so, which is certainly cheaper by comparison.

Assuming you care what condition it's in you won't find it for much less than that, unless you get lucky on an eBay auction or manage to find one in a used video store.

This sounds the best. Thanks. mmhmm1
by Ukinojo92
#30748 OVA 3 of Photon, front and back covers