El-Hazard, Dual, Photon, Pretty Sammy, GXP, WoG and other fringe series not starring the main cast.
User avatar
by Dagon123
#10297 Well with the dub of "War on Geminar" on its way, I figured a fun little prediction game would be who currently in FUNimations roster will end up as who (with visual aids! If you can't think of anybody, then throw down who you would want to see) Discuss!

Image
Kenshi Masaki - Eric Vale (Couldn't really think of anybody who REALLY fit the bill here, but I think Eric fits the lovable little guy more then Tatum or Haberkorn, and Greg Ayres would be an honorable mention, but even his deepest voice, just doesn't "fit" Kenshi)

Image
Lashara Earth - Brittney Karbowski (I'd Hope)

Image
Lashara Furan - Caitlin Glass

Image
Maria Nanadan - Trina Nishimura

Image
Wahanly Shume - Cherami Leigh

Image
Yukine Mare - Brina Palencia (This one was tough because the last 3 all have qualities of the other, I just looked for the most archetypal character they each usually play, and settled on Brina for Yukine because of them putting her as Hell Girl and Rei in Eva Rebuild)

Image
Aura Shurifon - Colleen Clinkenbeard or Carrie Savage (Couldn't decide, they both would be a great fit)

ImageImage
Mexiah / Flora - Monica Rial (I think Monica would fit either one greatly)

Image
Dagmyer Mest - Todd Haberkorn

Image
Ulyte Mest - J Michael Tatum

Image
Babalun Mest - Chris Sabat (Lets face it, with a voice that deep, who else could it be? lol)
User avatar
by mitsuki lover
#10306 The one for Aura is a toughie I agree.Though I would perfer Colleen Clickenbeard myself.Though when I do get it I real be watching the Japanese language version subbed,so it don't matter,I just like Colleen
Clinkenbeard's work is all. :D
btw:I noticed you didn't list Vic Mignona,which I was glad of because not a fan of his.
User avatar
by Dagon123
#10310
mitsuki lover wrote:btw:I noticed you didn't list Vic Mignona,which I was glad of because not a fan of his.


Not a fan of Vic either, he's a good voice actor, but having seen how he acts in con and real life situations yea isawitplz
User avatar
by mitsuki lover
#10371 Well since I haven't been to any Cons,I can't speak to that,however from my expierence when I was a member of the Christian Anime Alliance I do think his fans can get to be over obnoxious as in Vic's God's Gift to voice acting.

Anywho,it will be interesting to see when Funi does make the announcement how right you are in your
predictions.
User avatar
by Dagon123
#10580
mitsuki lover wrote:So does anyone know if Funi has announced the dub cast yet?


Considering they JUST announced the show, year and a half at the least, so more then likely fall 2013-spring 2014 (and no it's not because it takes a long time to dub, it's because FUNimation lets them sit and gestitate way too long for no good reason, lol)
User avatar
by mitsuki lover
#10775 Gestitate?Is that even a word? :lol:
But I get your point.Keep the fans busy trying to figure out whose going to be in it and then WHAM! just before people loose interest come out with the announcement.
User avatar
by wwwwhhhhoooo
#10787
mitsuki lover wrote:Well since I haven't been to any Cons,I can't speak to that,however from my expierence when I was a member of the Christian Anime Alliance I do think his fans can get to be over obnoxious as in Vic's God's Gift to voice acting.


He IS God's gift to voice acting!!! uh, err, ahem...sorry bout that :D

Well, Kenshi's not blonde...therefore Vic can't do his voice :lol: (I joke, but seriously, look at his anime roles sometime...blondes!!!)

fans can do that with a series, or a person, or a character (case in point: overzealous bronies)

For Kenshi...how about Joel McDonald? (Minato Sahashi in Sekirei and Jacuzzi Splot in Baccano!). Definitely has that youthful/inexperienced young protagonist sound to his voice imo.
User avatar
by Dagon123
#10799
mitsuki lover wrote:Gestitate?Is that even a word? :lol:
But I get your point.Keep the fans busy trying to figure out whose going to be in it and then WHAM! just before people loose interest come out with the announcement.


I meant "gestate" my bad blushingmadplz (how did I miss that misspelling? lol)


wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:He IS God's gift to voice acting!!! uh, err, ahem...sorry bout that :D

Well, Kenshi's not blonde...therefore Vic can't do his voice :lol: (I joke, but seriously, look at his anime roles sometime...blondes!!!)

fans can do that with a series, or a person, or a character (case in point: overzealous bronies)


The thing here Mitsuki Lover (even though I'm quoting who), is, don't ever let the fans bother you from liking or disliking something, (although it does absolutely suck when they are overzealous) base your opinion on the subject itself.

But my reasons for disliking Vic Mignogna are because he "literally" thinks he's the best, "even better then Steven Blum" (HA) and I'm the type of person who loves humility in a person of great skill or popularity, and the minute I see, hear, or experience you calling yourself "The best in the world", as well as him being really shallow and pushing his beliefs onto others, yea....... But like I said, he's a fantastic voice actor and I respect that, he's definitely in the upper echelon of the best voice actors the R1 market has ever seen, his ego is just too big for his little alchemist body, lol

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:For Kenshi...how about Joel McDonald? (Minato Sahashi in Sekirei and Jacuzzi Splot in Baccano!). Definitely has that youthful/inexperienced young protagonist sound to his voice imo.


Based on this clip right here

www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2CuBbgjoX0

I would totally go on that who! I think if he acted a little bit more "goofy" (Sorry he's related to Tenchi "Matt Miller" Misaki and Nobuyuki "Jay Hopper" Misaki, there's gotta be an aloof element to his voice to pass for me, xD lol)
User avatar
by mitsuki lover
#10803 All in all it's up to Funi to decide on who will be in the cast instead of the fans.Overall it won't matter to me as I shall be watching the sub as soon as I can manage to get it.

I actually like Steven Blum's work.His Spike Speigel and Roger Smith are considered by some to be even better than the original Japanese versions.