El-Hazard, Dual, Photon, Pretty Sammy, GXP, WoG and other fringe series not starring the main cast.
by chucklocker
#16163 From the clip I can only say that I am VERY pleased and excited for this dub! Some rather big names and some brand new faces, both of which make me happy! I can't wait to hear how the other cast members sound, especially Lithia, Yukine, and Flora! All in all, props to FUNimation for getting a group worthy of the material!
by chucklocker
Nobuyuki wrote:And the critic sounds off... :wink:

Yeah I saw that... Overall I think the review was a bit overly harsh, especially regarding the animation and artwork. I obviously can't sound off on the dub quality, having only seen two minutes of it, but what I saw didn't merit merely a C+ rating. I can see where he's coming from on the story front, as the plot progression did suffer from "Kajishima-itis", a.k.a. switching between spurts of rapid plot development and interminable slice of life atmosphere, but I found the world building fascinating rather than confusing, and the "fluff" entertaining rather than boring. Oh well, the only real measure that matters on ANN isn't the official review anyway, and the user ratings graph is looking pretty green to me! :D

EDIT: I also agree wholeheartedly with the fanservice aspect of the review. It was pretty poorly executed throughout, but it was better and less frequent than GXP's IMO.
by Makoto_Mizuhara
chucklocker wrote:
Nobuyuki wrote:And the critic sounds off... :wink:

Yeah I saw that... Overall I think the review was a bit overly harsh, especially regarding the animation and artwork. I obviously can't sound off on the dub quality, having only seen two minutes of it, but what I saw didn't merit merely a C+ rating. I can see where he's coming from on the story front, as the plot progression did suffer from "Kajishima-itis", a.k.a. switching between spurts of rapid plot development and interminable slice of life atmosphere, but I found the world building fascinating rather than confusing, and the "fluff" entertaining rather than boring. Oh well, the only real measure that matters on ANN isn't the official review anyway, and the user ratings graph is looking pretty green to me! :D

EDIT: I also agree wholeheartedly with the fanservice aspect of the review. It was pretty poorly executed throughout, but it was better and less frequent than GXP's IMO.

I agree on all part, including that the rating should be a tad bit higher than a C+. Which would make me want to have THE critic chime in on this- THE NOSTALGIA CRITIC.
by JGZinv
#16186 I just hope that it doesn't hurt our chances too much considering I got it right from Funi that WoG is a test release.

My opinion on it I've stated before... but a c- is low even by my standards.
by Dagon123
ANN-Carl wrote:Overall (dub) : C+
Story : C
Animation : C+
Art : C+
Music : C+

+ Can be funny; mostly painless when being light and fluffy; Kenshi's pretty great.
Messy and ill-written when indulging in world building or complex plotting; harem component is pretty awful.

I know I said a little on this earlier but I think the C's across the board were a bit harsh, but some things he noted like the fanservice and the all over the place characters and plot were definitely warranted of the rating. The Art though deserves at least a B. It may not be outstanding (though the overworld and larger structure shots are fantastic), but it's certainly not something you see in every anime now a days. The dub obviously is harder to maintain since we don't have entire episodes to judge by, but the cast so far I think at least SOUNDS better then a C+
by Lighthawk93
#16204 I agree with the voices being great for the dub( only the characters in the clip), though I have to say Kenshi's voice sounds a little deep for his age. That's just my opinion, feel free to voice your own.
by Makoto_Mizuhara
Lighthawk93 wrote:I agree with the voices being great for the dub( only the characters in the clip), though I have to say Kenshi's voice sounds a little deep for his age. That's just my opinion, feel free to voice your own.

Are we talking deep like in Photon's case?
by Soundmonkey44
#16729 Really hoping this release shows up on Funi's May or June solicits. *Knock on wood*

Also, voice cast sounds decent from the previews they've put up, hope the overall dub turns out well.
by Lighthawk93
Makoto_Mizuhara wrote:
Lighthawk93 wrote:I agree with the voices being great for the dub( only the characters in the clip), though I have to say Kenshi's voice sounds a little deep for his age. That's just my opinion, feel free to voice your own.

Are we talking deep like in Photon's case?

I would not know because I have not seen Photon.