El-Hazard, Dual, Photon, Pretty Sammy, GXP, WoG and other fringe series not starring the main cast.
by Soundmonkey44
#16734 so according to Amazon.CA these babies are coming out in may!

http://www.funimation.com/funimation-ge ... nt-7291571

http://www.amazon.ca/Tenchi-Geminar-Sei ... 154&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.ca/Tenchi-Geminar-Sei ... 154&sr=8-3

Looking foward to snatching this series up, great way to spend the early days of Summer! :cool:
by chucklocker
#16791 Thanks for the info Soundmonkey! (It's good to see you again, btw :D )
Anyway, any idea why they decided to split the set into two? I mean that really sucks from a consumer point of view. They had no problem releasing the OVA blu-ray set as one volume and it contained the same amount of content, more or less. I certainly hope that they do eventually release it as a single volume, because at $45 a piece I've lost a lot of excitement about owning the series.
by Nobuyuki
chucklocker wrote:They had no problem releasing the OVA blu-ray set as one volume and it contained the same amount of content, more or less.

A bit less, actually. Just by running time the OVA clocks out at 420 minutes of content, while Geminar runs 590 minutes. Also, the OVA didn't have to recoup the cost of its dub. :wink:

I certainly hope that they do eventually release it as a single volume, because at $45 a piece I've lost a lot of excitement about owning the series.

I'm sure they will eventually, it'd probably take another year.
by Soundmonkey44
chucklocker wrote:Thanks for the info Soundmonkey! (It's good to see you again, btw :D )
Anyway, any idea why they decided to split the set into two? I mean that really sucks from a consumer point of view. They had no problem releasing the OVA blu-ray set as one volume and it contained the same amount of content, more or less. I certainly hope that they do eventually release it as a single volume, because at $45 a piece I've lost a lot of excitement about owning the series.

Thanks for the thanks, and yeah, sorry, I get brain dead some times, forget have the forums I join exsist. :oops: *And been severly addicted to Twitter lately, its an evil evil addictive thing! XD* But yeah, getting back on topic.....

Really hope the dub for this turns out well, and probably pointless, but still hoping all the Tenchi stuff sales well enough to convince Funi to save Dual, and Magical Project S.
by Nobuyuki
#16944 Revised with amazon.com images (thanks WTK!) :cool:

FUNI's re-using the Japanese Blu-Ray set art for the LE:

Cover art for Part 1:

Cover art for Part 2:

I think the color saturation needs re-adjusting, though.

Much better. :Tenchismile:
by Nobuyuki
#16999 I guess this'll be the blurb on the back of the boxes... *le sigh*

Fifteen year old Kenshi Masaki was taken from his home planet, transported to a galaxy far, far away, and captured by a gorgeous princess! This royal beauty quickly claims Kenshi as her personal servant – and lends him out to all the lecherous ladies at her prestigious boarding school. On the rare occasion Kenshi doesn’t have his hands full with a curvaceous coed, he can be found training for the intergalactic mecha battle royale looming on the horizon. Helping the princess save her planet is Kenshi’s ticket home, but losing means he’ll be stuck scrubbing backs in the interstellar sauna for the rest of his life! Every boy should be so lucky.

P.S.- ^ cover arts updated!
by chucklocker
Nobuyuki wrote:I guess this'll be the blurb on the back of the boxes... *le sigh*

Fifteen year old Kenshi Masaki was taken from his home planet, transported to a galaxy far, far away, and captured by a gorgeous princess! This royal beauty quickly claims Kenshi as her personal servant – and lends him out to all the lecherous ladies at her prestigious boarding school. On the rare occasion Kenshi doesn’t have his hands full with a curvaceous coed, he can be found training for the intergalactic mecha battle royale looming on the horizon. Helping the princess save her planet is Kenshi’s ticket home, but losing means he’ll be stuck scrubbing backs in the interstellar sauna for the rest of his life! Every boy should be so lucky.

Wow. Talk about sex appeal in marketing... I don't think they could have used more "horny anime fan" buzzwords if they tried! There's missing the point, and then there's this...