El-Hazard, Dual, Photon, Pretty Sammy, GXP, WoG and other fringe series not starring the main cast.
by Dagon123
Yugi12 wrote:Thanks for answering my question. Does anyone know if there are plans for a full set?

Currently there is not a complete set available or been announced, but there more than likely will be one eventually.

You can get both parts 1 and 2 BD/DVD Combo from Right Stuf (with free shipping) for around 62 bucks.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1110
by wwwwhhhhoooo
#21297 Yeah dunno about future plans, but at least with the two part sets they're selling now, part 1 comes with a box that you can then put part one and two in together.
by Ryoko's Stepdad
wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:Yeah dunno about future plans, but at least with the two part sets they're selling now, part 1 comes with a box that you can then put part one and two in together.

"Hey we're going to release the first half of War on Geminar separately from the second part. Is that alright?"

"Yeah but we should have the ability to put them together."

"Just give the customer a box to put both sets in. That will do the trick?"

"Why don't we just bundle them together?"

"...You're fired."

And it was that day hand wringing was heard across the land.
by mitsuki lover
Ryoko's Stepdad wrote:
wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:Yeah dunno about future plans, but at least with the two part sets they're selling now, part 1 comes with a box that you can then put part one and two in together.

"Hey we're going to release the first half of War on Geminar separately from the second part. Is that alright?"

"Yeah but we should have the ability to put them together."

"Just give the customer a box to put both sets in. That will do the trick?"

"Why don't we just bundle them together?"

"...You're fired."

And it was that day hand wringing was heard across the land.

iloveit1

Seriously though why is it that some titles are split up like that while others are bundled in a single set?
I don't think it has anything to do with economics as wouldn't the bundling in a single set be cheaper than trying to produce two different sets?
by Dagon123
mitsuki lover wrote:Seriously though why is it that some titles are split up like that while others are bundled in a single set?
I don't think it has anything to do with economics as wouldn't the bundling in a single set be cheaper than trying to produce two different sets?

Better price wise for the customer? Yes

Better for the Producer/Licensor? Not even close

Anime Limited (Who are the new Upstart UK Licensor who released Cowboy Bebop on Blu-ray) said on their site when asked about why not just release a complete set first, said that while many people prefer the full sets, the price they would have had to release it at to barely break even would have been 90 USD, and most people hesitate over 50 USD. They said it's a cheaper and safer way of guaranteeing they will make their production money back by splitting it into 2 (or multiple) parts because people won't have to pay the full price of a complete set and be more enticed to buy the second half if they have the first.
by TheFrieza
#23296 So these sets where only released in the DVD/BD combopack? That's a bit of a shame as the Blu ray is region 1 so I'm only really after the DVD's (though I would love to be able to buy the Tenchi Blu-rays if they played, a lot of anime blu-rays I buy are region 2 also but the Tenchi ones are not which is a bummer). Hopefully there will be a DVD only set released for these.
by WisperG
TheFrieza wrote:So these sets where only released in the DVD/BD combopack? That's a bit of a shame as the Blu ray is region 1 so I'm only really after the DVD's (though I would love to be able to buy the Tenchi Blu-rays if they played, a lot of anime blu-rays I buy are region 2 also but the Tenchi ones are not which is a bummer). Hopefully there will be a DVD only set released for these.

FUNi splitting apart the formats is highly unlikely. You should know, however, that the price difference between Combo Packs and standalone DVD and BD sets is only about $5 or $10 anyways.
by mitsuki lover
#23499 That would be nice but unlikely right now.For someone like me who has limited space having a complete series versus one that is divided into two would be more desirable.(Buso Renkin and Inuyasha:The Final Act
are two other examples of a series being split in two.The first I already own and the second I just ordered the first part to.)