For discussing non-Tenchi related series
by mitsuki lover
#29576 Utenaepisode 8:This was the one with all of the elephants in it! iloveit1
Poor Nanami didn't have to go through all that trouble after all! :lol: :lol:
As far as the dub went,I think it was about average,the only real thing to mention about it was that no-one in the entire cast could say either Utena or Anthy's name right.
Now repeat after me everyone: U-Tin-Ah not OO-Ten-Ah.

Next week the sub of Dragon Half
by mitsuki lover
#29647 Dragon Half is pure silliness.Mitsuishi Kotono is really goofy as Mink,and then the whole
ED where she sings as Mink.Some how she really does a good job playing ditzy or goofy characters
although she can play a serious one when she needs to.
Next the dub of Murder Princess.
by mitsuki lover
#29734 I forgot to comment on the Murder Princess dub. It was not too bad,especially the two leads.
Though the main problem is figuring out which played which because of the body swap in episode 1.
Overall though I think whichever one was the Alita/Falis character managed to show her gentle and kind nature quite well. I think Colleen Clickenbeard was the Falis/Alita,if I'm not mistaken. I have to say I enjoyed her work since she's been playing Rachel on Case Closed.

This Monday I watched episode 2 of Puella Magi Madoka Magica. The sub helped to clarify
a lot of things,but it also just made both Homura and Mami even more soawesome1 .
Watching it after watching the entire thing raw gave it a bit more irony. Especially true knowing who
it that the same person who asked Homura what her wish was when she became a Magic Girl was the same one who had her promise not to tell anyone when she made her wish.Also the same person who made her promise to stop Madoka from becoming a Magic Girl in the first place.

Next Monday more MG goodness with the dub of Pretear.
by mitsuki lover
#29793 The good news was that I picked episode 4 to watch which was one of the most comedic.
The bad news was that not enough Mikage or Mawata.Of what there was Mikage showed her
gentle and kind side(yeah this is before the Big Reveal(tm)of her being The Big Bad(tm)).
Luci Christian's Himeno reminded me of her Duck from Princess Tutu.
I also watched the interview with Luci Christian on the Behind The Anime extra. kiyonesmile1

I really love watching those types of extras as you get to see the people behind the voices.

Next week the sub of some show you've never heard about because this is a Tenchi forum and no-one here has ever heard of:War on Geminar....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
by Nobuyuki
#29794 'bout time.
by mitsuki lover
#29877 Yeah...well I've been taking my time.

I ended up watching episode 6 the one with the infamous Pillow Fight! :lol: :lol:
In short Chiaia and Aura are still up there but Yukine's stock has slowly risen.And Queen Flora
is totally insane. :lol:
Though it did have a serious part when the resort is attacked.
The only downside was no Doll/Mexiah,although as Lashara and Maria admit if Mexiah and Flora were in the same place it would be disastrous! iloveit1

Next week I am going to watch the dub of Ai Yori Aoshi.
by mitsuki lover
#29962 The dub for Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi was not bad but rather average. I watched episode 8 because
of the sheer terror that Taeko's driving gives poor Kaoru,Chika and Tina.Overall it was a fun
episode and Wendee Lee really seems to have got into the role of Tina. iloveit1

The Good:Michelle Ruff as Aoi and Wendee Lee as Tina. soawesome1
also they keep the Japanese honorifics in!

The Bad: Dave Leylyveld as Kaoru keeps pronouncing Chan as Chun all the time.
Everyone pronounces Aoi as Owwie as in "Mommy I got an owwie!"

The Ugly: The look the monkey gives Tina in the hot springs.

I'm taking next Monday off and will be watching an episode of Eureka,so next up will
be the sub of Bubblegum Crisis in 2 weeks.
by mitsuki lover
#30226 As I said previously I watched the dub of Blassreiter on Monday night.As I also said on
KinoftheStars I think I chose the wrong episode to watch as it was episode 12,the cliffhanger for
Season 1.
It had plenty of action but was one that was hard to judge the overall merit or demerit of the dub by.
As I also said at KinoftheStars forum I will have to watch the whole series dubbed to really get a good
idea of how good or bad it is.
That said fwiw I really thought the female VAs did a rather good job especially Amanda's. soawesome1

next week: the sub of Pumpkin Scissors.