For discussing non-Tenchi related series
by mitsuki lover
#31112 Blood-C: The Last Dark dub was pretty good actually. Of course when watching the movie one has to spend some time in the Nono Nene Theater and enjoy our favorite ditzy twins.
AFAIG with the actual movie the only disappointment was that they didn't get Kari Wahlgren to
revise her role as Saya. That said the VA who did play her did an excellent job.
The only other thing I have to say is that the way the movie ends one expects a further series, OVA or movie.
Next week everyone's fave Goddesses in the sub of Ah! My Goddess. I want to re-watch the season 2 episode where Belldandy looses her Goddess license and is issued a Demon license instead! iloveit1
by mitsuki lover
#31132 Made a tentative list today splitting my collection between Raws. Subs and Dubs. Basically anything new or I haven't seen Raw before goes under the Raw category and the rest under Subs or Dubs.
A few like Silent Mobius I've already seen all three ways.
by mitsuki lover
#31174 Ah! My Goddess Season 2 episode 21. I watched this episode in particular because I enjoyed watching Belldandy running around doing what she thinks is 'bad things' which considering how
innocent and sweet she is isn't that bad. And of course this also had Peorth, Marlier and Hild in it as well as our regular Goddess Sisters. Which made it three times as fun! soawesome1

Next week the dub of Moribito. I haven't seen it dubbed since it was on Adult Swim on
the Toon Network.But from what I remember it was pretty decent.
by mitsuki lover
#31242 Forgot how 8-) Moribito was. Watched episode 5 dubbed on Monday. In this one Balsa spends most of the time in bed from the wounds she acquired at the end of episode 4.

Next week is the sub of Kaliedo Star. soawesome1 iloveit1
by mitsuki lover
#31295 By this time a lot of you know how high I am on Kaleido Star, so needless to say I enjoyed the sub of [i]The Princess Without A Smile[i] Ova. This centered on Rosetta and the Fool.

Next week the dub of [b]Buso Renkin[b] I want to do the episode where Mahiro and Kazuki's friends find him and Tokiko practicing because that's just so hilarious when they try to bluff their way out by claiming to be siblings (much to Mahiro's surprise! :lol: :lol: :lol: )
I just want to see if her response in the NA dub is as funny as in the Japanese: "Big Sister!"
by mitsuki lover
#31361 The Buso Renkin dub wasn't too bad, though everyone mispronounced Kazuki's name as
KAZOOKIE! Kiyofacepalm1
That was the worse part,other than that the VAs were mainly spot on especially Papillon and
Tokiko. Though Kazuki's VA sounded overly melodramatic when he called up his Buso Renkin.
As I said I watched episode 2 because of the reaction of Mahiro when Kazuki and Tokiko ttry to
convince everyone they're brother and sister! :lol:
In any language this is utterly confusing for poor Mahiro who actually is Kazuki's sister! iloveit1

Next week the sub of Rozen Maiden: Traumend.
by mitsuki lover
#31431 Saw episode 6 of Rozen Maiden: Traumend which of course features the soawesome1
Suigunto; which meant of course the also soawesome1 Tanaka Rei being featured.

Next week The Wolverine with Hugh Jackman (hey at least it's set in Japan and has a great
heroine) so my next Dub/Sub will be the dub of All Puprose Cultural Catgirl Nuku Nuku Tv.
IIRC this one has the American voice of Misato in it.(Need to look it up for sure.)
by mitsuki lover
#31747 Well I ended the year of watching subs and dubs with Sailor Moon SuperS. As I said at the
KinoftheStars forum I give it a B-/C+ for the dub. The VAs for Queen Nehelenia, Amy, Mina and Raye
were the best IMHO. And the worst was Rini. Can we just kill her now and get her out of our misery? :lol:

So now looking forward to when I get around to see the ViZ version of season 1 of Sailor Moon
because Michelle Ruff as Luna and Stephanie Sheh as Usagi. Though I am now quite fond of the original Japanese cast. iloveit1 iloveit1
by mitsuki lover
#31768 This year I begin with the sub of Princess Tutu.

It's interesting to note that if you count the fact I watched the sub of FLCL twice (and how can you not with the Pillows and Ride On Shooting Star?) I've watched 18 subbed and 19 dubbed in
2015 on Mondays for a total of 37.
The number of anime I've watched raw on a regular basis has been 24 (counting the fact that I just
started Ikki-tousen yesterday night.

So the grand total of anime watched in 2015 was around 61.

btw: my one anime resolution this year is just to be able to sit back and relax and enjoy what I watch each night whether raw, subbed or dubbed. mmmm1 mmmm1
by mitsuki lover
#31819 Princess Tutu subbed episode 5 began the new year of watching anime subbed and dubbed
on Mondays. Rue is awesome of course. soawesome1 iloveit1

Next week the dub of Armitage III: Dual Matrix.