For discussing non-Tenchi related series
by Ukinojo92
#32239 never seen this before, read this was a idol anime

Kirarin Revolution
by Nobuyuki
#32247 Close enough.

Pied Piper, Inc. (Time of Eve) announced on Tuesday that it has acquired the North American home video rights for the Skip Beat! television anime series. The company plans to run an Indiegogo campaign from March 1 through March 31 to fund the release on both DVD and Blu-ray.

The campaign's goal is US$210,000 for localization costs, including a basic English dub. The company has also set stretch goals to enhance the quality of the English dub by bringing notable voice actors, ADR directors, and scriptwriters on board. Stretch goals also include behind-the-scenes videos.

Voice actors Mela Lee, Cristina Vee, and Jason C. Miller are producing the English dub.

Pied Piper describes the series:

In the 25-episode shojo series, 16-year-old Kyoko Mogami is devastated to learn that her long-time crush Sho Fuwa has been using her as a servant while he waltzes to stardom. She vows to beat him at his own game and joins a rival talent agency, and in the process transforms from a docile people-pleaser to ingenious creative talent. The anime's riveting story arcs include Kyoko's discovery of friendship with fellow actress Kanae (“Moko”) Kotonami and her tumultuous relationship with romance-challenged star Ren Tsuruga, who slowly leads her away from revenge and returns her to the path of love.
by SnowQueen
#32252 A commercial came out with Maki winning a fan vote to promote KissMint gum by Gilco. Maki is soooo cute in this! mmhmm1

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8fjjCg8FySE

Also on a sad note this is U's (pronounced muse) final single Moment Ring. Its a nice song but dangit i don't want this to U's final song sadface1

Video from : youtube.com
by Ukinojo92
#32256 Saw a little bit of the Love Live dub and can say that their voices are passable. Not terrible, just a little getting used to hearing English.
by SnowQueen
Ukinojo92 wrote:Saw a little bit of the Love Live dub and can say that their voices are passable. Not terrible, just a little getting used to hearing English.

Yeah the more i listen to it the less i hate it. Just gotta get used to it. Like you said Uki its not terrible, its passable. I personally find Kotori's voice a improvement and Eli is on par. Its the dialog and lame puns that I'm finding hard to accept. Between Awesomesauce and Boobshell it just makes me...well... :roll: lol
by Almael
Ukinojo92 wrote:Saw a little bit of the Love Live dub and can say that their voices are passable. Not terrible, just a little getting used to hearing English.

As far as american english goes there isn't really a problem with dubs if you've never listen to the original. Once you get used to (the minds of) the original there's generally a feeling of missing out the subtle expression typical for asian languages. Although rare there are times or parts when some dubs are better. I usually listen to the originals with the exception of Hindi. Hindi is probably the only language I'm certain I could never learn. Evolving multi-mixed languages are a pain.
by Ukinojo92
Almael wrote:Once you get used to (the minds of) the original there's generally a feeling of missing out the subtle expression typical for asian languages.

Like some expressions that are exaggerated in Japanese such as the high pitch voices or random noises they make.