Reply To: Favorite Novels Thread

Forums Off Topic Chit Chat Favorite Novels Thread Reply To: Favorite Novels Thread

jgzinv
    I used to be a big fan of the Star Wars Extended Universe novels, particularly the ones by Timothy Zahn (Thrawn Trilogy, Hand of Thrawn Douolgy) Kevin J Anderson, and the X-Wing series. I have all of it pretty much up from Shadows of the Empire through the end of the Vong war.

Tom Clancy’s NetForce was a neat look at a virtual world anti cybercrime unit, sort of like an americanzied GitS SAC section 9, without the cyborgs. The Jack Ryan novels were all pretty good as well.

Clive Cussler, I read several of the Dirk Pitt adventures.

Read all the Halo related novels.

In the light fluff category, I’ve read nearly all the Sword Art Online and Accel World light novels, not particularly brain stretching, but enjoyable to expand the story and see how drastically the anime departed from the original formula.

Back in Dual’s heyday, I read a lot of black hole theory and related matieral on time and space, from folks like Brian Greene, Michio Kauku, and Stephen Hawking. Hawking I think had most of it closer to right, the other two I figured had issues….

Lately haven’t done as much paper reading. Did Bible in 90 days, worked some into Systematic Theology. Radical, couple other small books…