Reply To: Clothing styles in Tenchi

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Anime Clothing styles in Tenchi Reply To: Clothing styles in Tenchi

chucklocker
    Participant
    none
    http://i.imgur.com/AMNf6me.jpg" />

So, we’ve already talked a bit about the new character designs themselves, now lets talk about their clothes!

They’re certainly very “revealing,” which is what it is, I suppose. I can like it so long as the clothes don’t lend to the characters themselves being over sexualized.

On the whole, I think Yasuda has shown a great eye for color in these getups! I particularly like the stark duo-chromatic theme for Ryoko’s outfit. Ayeka’s outfit does a good job of maintaining the elegant look of her previous wardrobe, but with a lighter and more fluid feel. That open side goes awfully far up though… 😳 . Sasami’s pink and blue dress is pretty par for the course, and the short length feels like its trying to evoke one of her Pretty Sammy getups. I really dig Washu’s lab coat! She looks like she’s ready to hit the clubs, or the labs, whichever comes first! 😆 . Finally, Mihoshi’s outfit doesn’t look terribly practical for police work, but I’m happy they kept the white cotton ball tail thing.

Anyway, what does everybody else think? Oh, and feel free to toss in the the new characters and Tenchi if you want.