Reply To: One Visitor After Another: Hexagram of Love | 100%!

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Translation Zone One Visitor After Another: Hexagram of Love | 100%! Reply To: One Visitor After Another: Hexagram of Love | 100%!

Nil Admirari
    none
    As Crazed and I came to find out slowly, page at a time, this novel felt like exactly what we were looking for. The dramatic aspects, the darker look at romantic feelings and the inner workings of characters… it’s a very special treat for fans. There’s something in there for any fan, even with the ways she plays with Mihoshi and Washu’s relationship to each other and Ayeka’s temper tantrum causing a huge chain reaction of things that is unlike anything we’ve gotten to see yet in the series.

Getting a look at some of the interior workings of the Galaxy Police, seeing Ayeka pull a crazy stunt in front of the entire galaxy’s news cameras, showing more of Mihoshi’s responsibilities as an officer and hearing Kiyone’s personal thoughts on her partner were all things I never thought about but was so glad we got in Hexagram. Naturally, the extremely romantic moment shared between Ryoko and Tenchi early on in the book really did a number for our hearts as well. There’s a powerful, human, mature aspect in much of the book that is complimented by the occasional humorous moment. TMiL2 is one of my favorite parts of the franchise because of how it had intimate looks into the motivations of characters and their desires moving forward. Hexagram showed that Miss Hasegawa was already thinking about that stuff years before TMiL2 was a thing. And I’m so glad she was.

I’m happy to hear you loved Hexagram so much! It makes all of that work all the more worth it when we get to see someone who really gets all that the novel has to offer. <3