Chat about anything!
by mitsuki lover
#23478 Since it is that time of year again and the flowers are blooming off the ivy of Wrigley Field,the question doth come as to what your #1 favorite MLB team is,for those of you who love the game of baseball.

Myself even though I live here in the State of Washington and do root for the Mariners,my #1 MLB team still and always remains The Minnesota Twins. iloveit1
by Yosho24
#23479 Well, being from the New York metropolitan area; I'm a really big New York Yankees fan. My whole family has been Yankee fans going back for decades. So hardcore in fact, that When my father passed away, we actually buried him with a Yankees hat on his head.
by Dagon123
#23480 In much the same fashion as Yosho here, my dad has been a Yankee's fan all his life, and by association, the family was as well, we always have a Yankee's flag waving out during the season.
by chucklocker
#23482 One does not simply live in south eastern PA without becoming intimately familiar with this thing:
Needles to say, once the psychological imprinting of growing up with this monstrosity takes hold, it is impossible to root for any MLB team other than the Phillies without fearing for one's life.

Fun Fact #1. When they won the world series in '08 against the Rays (suck it, Tampa!) my school was canceled the day of the parade. Not because so many students skipped, but because two thirds of the teachers did as well!

Fun Fact #2. Jamie Moyer, the legendary Phillies pitcher who led us to glorious victory, went to my high school and was a classmate of my mom's!
by mitsuki lover
#23504 fun fact #3 Jamie Moyer is also one of the most beloved former Mariners whose nickname is not Junior or Bone.

Actually I have relatives back east who also are die hard Yankee fans(except one cousin who turned out to be a Mets fan..go figure.. :lol: :roll: ) in fact my uncle is such a die hard fan he named one of my cousins for Mickey Mantle!
by Nobuyuki
#23509 It's all in the Cards, except when it's the Red Sox. :P
by chucklocker
#23535 http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/04/24/upshot/facebook-baseball-map.html?_r=1#5,39.996,-82.279
Cool map tool.
by Nobuyuki
#23536 The county breakdown is interesting.

And of course Florida is nearly completely Yankee-dominated. :lol:
by Makoto_Mizuhara
Nobuyuki wrote:The county breakdown is interesting.

And of course Florida is nearly completely Yankee-dominated. :lol:

Look further- it breaks it down by zip code as well!!!