Chat about anything!
by mitsuki lover
#28547 It has been announced by FOX that they will be bringing The X-Files back to the small screen
this Summer.
It will be billed as a 6 episode 'Special Event'(whatever happened to the term Mini-Series?).
The dates and times to be determined later.
So far all that is known about it is that Creator Chris Carter will have a hand in the script and producing,and series stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson will reprise their roles as
FBI Special Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully.
Other cast announcements have yet to be made.
by chucklocker
#28564 I can't wait! I knew this was coming for a while, but I still freaked out when I heard the official announcement :D The X Files was the most popular and most important science fiction show of all time. It's hard to fathom looking at "hugely popular" shows like Doctor Who and Battlestar Galactica that they really only capture a small share of the total tv market. X Files on the other hand dominated tv in the 90s, and not just with scifi fans. With the possible exception of The Twilight Zone, no other scifi series has EVER, before or since, been as successful and universally loved beyond the Nerd-shere we scifi geeks inhabit. Im thrilled to see this great triumph of tv return, and I hope it doesnt disappoint.
by Ukinojo92
#28565 I watched a few X Files when it was on in the 90's. I'm hoping for a story that doesn't count on old episodes or the movies to get. I would really like a story arc that would be just for that 6 episodes for itself and maybe some small callbacks.
by charliepanayi
#28609 Not sure this will work out - it's great to have Duchovny and Anderson back but that second film was a damp squib and I wonder if they'll ever be able to recapture any of the old magic.
by Nil Admirari
#28614 All I'm sayin is, with both X-Files and Twin Peaks making a comeback at the same time, Duchovny better be able to perform as both Mulder and Denise.
by Ukinojo92
#31060 http://www.inquisitr.com/2512178/the-x-files-creator-chris-carter-influenced-by-talk-of-a-new-world-order-video/

New info and some background given of the series