Chat about anything!
by mitsuki lover
#31136 Monday saw the premiere of the Supergirl tv series and so here are my thoughts:

* This was more in the line of Lois And Clark than Smallville.

* Gonna have to watch Gotham when it's rerun because I really enjoyed watching S-Girl.

* So Jimmy Olson was sent by Supes to watch over Kara/S-Girl.

*Kara's maternal aunt is going to be the show's Big Bad!!!...speak of Dysfunctional Families! :lol: :lol:

* Best Line: "Call me James Olson...only the Big Guy and my mom get to call me Jimmy."

* Kara's sister is part of the Secret Government Organization shadowing Kara.

* We really need a cross over with The Flash and maybe even Agents of SHIELD

* You can tell the actress playing Kara is having a bunch of fun.

*Finally Calista Flockhart as Cat Grant...who knew Ally McBeal could be such a bitch?
by mitsuki lover
#31176 *So S-girl makes a lot of mistakes early on it seems. And most of the early part of episode 2 is her getting yelled at as either Kara or S-girl.

*Looks like now that Aunt Astra isn't the real big bad after all as she seems to be reporting to someone else.

*Cat gets real snarky when she mentions her former colleagues at the Daily Planet.

*Neither Astra or Kara seem to be aware of Kryptonite until they're exposed to it.(Shouldn't have Supes have given his cousin the heads up sometime before she moved to National City?)

*If that dude was an insect I would hate to see the size of insecticide needed on his world! :lol:

*Ok now: when Hank Henshaw's eyes glowed red does that mean he's really the Cyborg?
by mitsuki lover
#31338 They're finally showing the episode that was replaced last week because of the Paris attacks.

I wonder if they'll ever get Mary Marvel or Power Girl to show up eventually.
by Almael
#31381 Power Girl, please!

As I feared from episode 5 the relationship issue wasn't satisfying.

I will bet Hank Henshaw is either the martian head hunter or some such alien if uses the Smallvile ideas. At worse he's supe's arch enemy Doomsday.

And when does General Zod show up?
by mitsuki lover
#31409 I thought that Kara's aunt was taking the place of General Zod or maybe he's still in the background
since Kara's aunt seemed to be reporting to someone else. I'm still betting that Henshaw is the Cyborg. There is the question though as why the DEO is holding Dr.Danvers.
I think if Henshaw is indeed the Cyborg, he's probably using his connections in some plan to get at
Supes.

btw: So far Supergirl has the most evenly divided audience between men and women of any
Superhero series.
by mitsuki lover
#31433 Well Red Tornado turned up last episode. Also Lucy's dad General Lane. Am I the only one who thinks part of the reason he hates Jimmy is because *gasp* Jimmy happens to be BLACK!?
Yeah I pretty much suspect that there has to be a bit of racism to go along with the " I-Hate-Aliens"
attitude.
Also at the end when Kara bleeds is that a hint that RT may have been equipped with some form of
kyrptonite? It would make sense since General Lane talked about how he wanted to use RT against any possible Kyrptonian threat.

btw and off topic but Marvel's Agent Carter returns in January. This show has begun to remind me of an American verison of The Avengers and not the one you're thinking of either; the one featuring Steed and Mrs. Peel...That Avengers.
by Almael
#31443 Uhm isn't that the point why Jammy is "James" and why he's dark skinned?
Or maybe he got transformed by some alien?

Henshaw is Cyborg...perhaps. It would make the way he dealt with the bomb sense.

btw: So far Supergirl has the most evenly divided audience between men and women of any
Superhero series.

Pretty sure it's all due to Kara and Cat. There aren't many western show with such good "natural" actors. I kind of missing Eureka. Without Cat I doubt it would be as popular. And what other "odd" names are going to appear next? Note the Mr. Lord's slogans.

[quote]
btw and off topic but Marvel's Agent Carter returns in January. This show has begun to remind me of an American verison of The Avengers and not the one you're thinking of either; the one featuring Steed and Mrs. Peel...That Avengers.[quote]
Agreed.
by mitsuki lover
#31460 I was pointing out a reason why General Lane might not like having his younger daughter be in a relationship with Jimmy.

And AFAIG with Cat...well...she is played by "Ally McBeal" :lol:
Though no dancing babies.
Seriously though Calista Flockhart does a good job of it. This last episode she showed how human
Cat Grant is in the scenes with her mother.
by Almael
#31462 I think Cat was plenty enough motherly to Kara before with her "lectures".

Btw. I was wondering which idea or who was first
General Lane or General Ross (the Hulk movie)?
by mitsuki lover
#31494 That's a good question. I think General Ross might have been first.Though the Supergirl comic orignally came out in 1959 a few years before Lee and Kirby came up with The Hulk.