Reply To: Thoughts on Tenchi/Ryoko

Anonymous
    One thing that has always stuck with me, is the fact that even in Ayeka’s perfect fantasy world, Ryoko is still getting Tenchi.

I just want to preface this by saying that I think, and always have thought, that every girl in Tenchi Muyo! Is important, they all serve a specific or important role, and that if you are a fan of a different girl other than Ryoko, thats good! Diversity is a good thing.

That being said, however, not everyone of them is a love interest, nor should they be, just because one person is male and one person is female, does NOT mean they are compatible and the current way it’s being pushed in the OVA is just a sad male fantasy being done by an old japanese man, lol.

If we want to be technical about this, Funimation did a poll not too long ago about who the favorite Tenchi characters were, and Ryoko was the most popular unanimously by like 60%, We recently talked to the man who voiced Tenchi himself, Matt Miller, and not only did he choose Ryoko, but it’s important to note that when we asked him “Who would he choose?” he specifically said “Well between the BOTH of them…”, meaning only Ryoko and Ayeka, because lets be frank here, those are Tenchi’s only 2 real love interests and they always have been.

As to who’s better? well that will almost always be a subjective question to the viewer, but If I had to call it by the direction of the show, the amount of exposure and emphasis to each character, and how the characters act on-screen, I think that Ryoko and Tenchi was always the destined idea.