by segaman4
#23250 hey tenchi forum i just need advice on how to get reviews on my stuff that i'm writing.it has alot of views i just need reviews to build m,e up.any advice? qt1
by Llwchwr
#23259 The only technique i know of if it is indeed getting read is simply patience. If you wait you will eventually get reviews, or if you know anyone who reads your fanfic then you could politely ask them to leave a review.
by wwwwhhhhoooo
#23271 FYI: went ahead and merged your topic with "Fanfic Advice" segaman.

segaman4 wrote:hey tenchi forum i just need advice on how to get reviews on my stuff that i'm writing.it has alot of views i just need reviews to build m,e up.any advice? qt1

Since I juuuuust now merged your topic into this preexisting one, you probably didn't get a chance to see this earlier, so I'll save myself the work and copy/paste:

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:If I may resurrect this thread, the topic is perfect for what I'm about to jot down.

What do all fanfiction writers in the whole wide world want? That's right, recognition. Every writer's been there: go through all the work of putting something down in words, and the next thing you're itching for is some feedback. What's the best way to go about this, you might ask? Read.

Yup. If you want yours read, "do unto others as you would have them do to you." While this isn't a necessity, it has to do with a little thing called "networking": if you read and comment on another fanfic author's work, she/he will not only appreciate the constructive criticism, but they'll likely also make a mental note as to whom they received feedback from, and in turn be inclined to return the favor and/or "pay it forward" to some other suffering souls longing to be heard.

Fanfiction=community, and community=give and take. If you've thrown a piece of yourself out there like a life preserver out in the middle of the vast ocean and don't follow up, there's a good chance you won't get spotted. But if you make the effort to invest some time in someone else's work, you're far more likely to find not only a future reader, but a "sparring partner" to bounce things off of for next time. It's mutually beneficial because you both/three/etc. can empathize with each other, at least on some level.
by ookamilord
#24008 in advance if this belongs to some other locations on the forum please forgive me for putting it in the wrong place. well like the titles says im needing a little help on some short stories. i made these stories in the ranging years of 5-8th grade and i no longer have the paper copies but thats not the problem. the problem im having is i want to open it very differently compared to my usual ways. for those who have read eternal bonds neko. the opening i used for that story is my usual for the longest time and i want to change it for my two new titles. at he moment the titles are still pending but for at the moment these titles will do.

first title is prancing wolf. this story is a Native American fantasy. the centers around a boy who was born sickly and the only way that the boy could be saved is by becoming the new nature spirit. i know i lost a few people here so let me best explain it to the best of my typing ability blush1. in this fantasy in order for nature to stay balanced before the spirit dies it has to find a host that is sickly and the host has to be young. the host can be as young as a new born but no older than 4 years of age. the reason for the host being sick or dying is because its 2 souls occupying the same space and i read that in some cultures that when the body is born sickly that it has half a soul. as the child ages the souls become one as he slowly become the new nature spirit. the problems im having with this one is the opening i want to try something new. im so used to doing the old man merlin story teller around the campfire.

the second title for right now will be ray of hope. i know this titles aint the most creative and the reason be hind that is simple. i never gave my main character a name. when i had to refer to him it would always write the hooded man. i was thinking of giving him a name that meant light of hope or ray of hope because when he came across those who were the outcasts of society or abused he was like a ray of hope for them. this characters background is a little dark he had an abusive father and he was a little ray of hope for his mother this story is a mix of scifi and fantasy. but unlike eternal bonds where we have ET's walking around the story is centered around our time. as a big note this story was made from my journal entries so there is a little fact in the fiction and i dont know if i mentioned it or not but this story was taken from me at a literature contest. my artist at the time drew everything i wrote very graphic. on a side note i dont know if this is important but he wears a mask from time to time. his scars are not external but more internal and that the reason for the mask.

i thank yall in advance for reading this and giving me ideas on how to better my writing blush1
by wwwwhhhhoooo
ookamilord wrote:in advance if this belongs to some other locations on the forum please forgive me for putting it in the wrong place. well like the titles says im needing a little help on some short stories. i made these stories in the ranging years of 5-8th grade and i no longer have the paper copies but thats not the problem. the problem im having is i want to open it very differently compared to my usual ways. for those who have read eternal bonds neko. the opening i used for that story is my usual for the longest time and i want to change it for my two new titles. at he moment the titles are still pending but for at the moment these titles will do.

first title is prancing wolf. this story is a Native American fantasy. the centers around a boy who was born sickly and the only way that the boy could be saved is by becoming the new nature spirit. i know i lost a few people here so let me best explain it to the best of my typing ability blush1. in this fantasy in order for nature to stay balanced before the spirit dies it has to find a host that is sickly and the host has to be young. the host can be as young as a new born but no older than 4 years of age. the reason for the host being sick or dying is because its 2 souls occupying the same space and i read that in some cultures that when the body is born sickly that it has half a soul. as the child ages the souls become one as he slowly become the new nature spirit. the problems im having with this one is the opening i want to try something new. im so used to doing the old man merlin story teller around the campfire.

the second title for right now will be ray of hope. i know this titles aint the most creative and the reason be hind that is simple. i never gave my main character a name. when i had to refer to him it would always write the hooded man. i was thinking of giving him a name that meant light of hope or ray of hope because when he came across those who were the outcasts of society or abused he was like a ray of hope for them. this characters background is a little dark he had an abusive father and he was a little ray of hope for his mother this story is a mix of scifi and fantasy. but unlike eternal bonds where we have ET's walking around the story is centered around our time. as a big note this story was made from my journal entries so there is a little fact in the fiction and i dont know if i mentioned it or not but this story was taken from me at a literature contest. my artist at the time drew everything i wrote very graphic. on a side note i dont know if this is important but he wears a mask from time to time. his scars are not external but more internal and that the reason for the mask.

i thank yall in advance for reading this and giving me ideas on how to better my writing blush1

No worries when starting a new post! Good on ya for categorizing it in the appropriate section--for additional space-saving purposes, I went ahead and moved it under this existing title (as this is for general questions/advice concerning fanfiction/writing process).

So you say you want to start them different, but don't know how...well, how do you mean "different" from your prior work? That could entail a lot, and since you're looking to try something new, I think this is an excellent opportunity to explore your options! Though you may have a particular, usual approach (I think we all do) I for one think each work must be treated uniquely; I also think as part of the writing process you as the author need to enter "playtime" (yes, I'm being series) where you just try on a few different styles/approaches and see how it feels. It's great you have the general concept nailed down: now the trick is figuring out how best to present it (I've been there...actually, I still am there)!

For some of my own planned endeavors, deciding what medium to use--let alone what style/method--took a long time to peg down...years in a few cases! I'm not saying it will take you that long, but I do think you'll have to experiment; the art of writing is really the practice of re-writing.

When you have more specific ideas down, if you'd like you can update your post and we can try and offer additional two cents. Best of luck!
by ookamilord
#24018 thanks whooo. well my usual goes like this most of time. " huh what year you ask well its (enter year)" or its like this " oh you ask if there will be magic well a little". for the longest time i did the pokemon professor approach to where the main character is surrounded by the audience and he/she starts telling the people about his/her adventures while keeping his/her identity a secret. what i want to do is start the story without the main talking about his/her adventure. i guess im trying to do a gundam wing or other third party person telling the story. i guess the other way of wording it is history book style to where the book tells you what happened. a little like that. lol for ray of light i shill havent came up with a name for the main for the main character. the sad part is i remember how both stories end and i know how dark they were because instead of taking my anger out on a person i would come up with the most cruelest methods of hurting my character both hero and villain. but any advice on how branch out from the poke professor opening would work iloveit1 .