User avatar
by Nobuyuki
#20189
I had been chatting with Chuck about whether or not the Juraian trees "ping" one another. If they are all connected to Tsunami, one wonders if they actively or passively detect one another.

In the OVA continuity... yes, considering they can synchronize with each other.

In the Universe continuity (TMiL2)... there is no Tsunami, just the nebulous "Jurai power" which doesn't seem to directly involve individual-tree partnerships. Although there's no basis to believe Haruna's JP couldn't have been strong enough to be passed through to her camellia tree. :wink:
User avatar
by evilpii
#20193
Nobuyuki wrote:In the Universe continuity (TMiL2)... there is no Tsunami, just the nebulous "Jurai power" which doesn't seem to directly involve individual-tree partnerships.


Tsushomei wrote:Negishi's isn't a doujinshi. It's an official piece of Tenchi merch in Japan.


Tsunami is in Negishi's official manga for the film, so she is part of the continuity. Admittedly, this appearance does not elaborate heavily on her relationship with Jurai like Kajishima's magnum opus, but her existence alone leads to speculation in parallel to the OVA. Thus, this idea cannot be summarily dismissed.

Nobuyuki wrote:Although there's no basis to believe Haruna's JP couldn't have been strong enough to be passed through to her camellia tree. :wink:


I believe Haruna's tree is connected through some Jurai ether to its offspring (i.e. those planted by Katushito in his youth), which is stated when Washu decides to use said offspring to propel Ryoko and Ayeka into Haruna's world. This actually supports the idea that the trees are connected in some way.
User avatar
by Ukinojo92
#27350 Here this topic is for randomly putting ideas for Tenchi stuff and help writers enrich their story with other ideas or make a story out of this pool from other members suggestions.
User avatar
by Ukinojo92
#27358
evilpii wrote:

Actually, we already have a thread for this


This is more for a fresh start topic, like throwing any and every idea that everyone has. No real structure, just an idea soup and see what pops up from it.
User avatar
by wwwwhhhhoooo
#27362
Ukinojo92 wrote:Here this topic is for randomly putting ideas for Tenchi stuff and help writers enrich their story with other ideas or make a story out of this pool from other members suggestions.


Never hurts to start a new thread if you feel it's warranted, but in light of the "help writers enrich their story" part, and the fact we want to try to keep things somewhat organized, "FanFic Ideas for All" has been merged with preexisting "Fan Fiction Ideas and Suggestions."

Also FYI to everyone: since I couldn't have done it better, please consult evilpii's guidelines listed below when considering where to put your own fanfic-related stuff. It's all welcomed, but since there are so many avenues it could take, try to find a good home for it. Thanks!

evilpii wrote:For those wanting feedback on a work in progress, particularly editing, please see DarkPatu's Beta Thread.

For those wanting to discuss lighthearted and thoughtful "what if" questions, please see Kiyoka's What-If Thread.

For those wanting to post chapters of their work, please begin a new thread, much like Vegeta Muyo, TMIL3, and Homecomings.


And, to contribute to this thread (Ukinojo's right, need some fresh activity here), I've probably listed this elsewhere (someone call me on it if I have) but in a crossover fanfic scenario I would quite enjoy a Universe crossing with the Outlaw Star crew. I think Aisha and Ryoko would be a riot!
User avatar
by segaman4
#27364 Now this thread is up my ally! Well I've asked these questions before but i was wondering if the main charicters in my story should have a second generation ship or a 3rd generation ship?

Should I use yugi or tyrant shank as the main antagonist in my new arc?
What do you think of the dark kingdom from sailor moon influincing jurai behind the scenes?
User avatar
by Ukinojo92
#27381 Some random ideas:

-hostage situation
-trying to do something out of boredom
-blurred morality lines situations
-losing streak for good guys
-survivalist individuals
-use of good or neutral characters in cruel scenarios


segaman4 wrote:

Now this thread is up my ally! Well I've asked these questions before but i was wondering if the main charicters in my story should have a second generation ship or a 3rd generation ship?

Should I use yugi or tyrant shank as the main antagonist in my new arc?
What do you think of the dark kingdom from sailor moon influincing jurai behind the scenes?


Didn't you settle on 3rd gen and Tyrant in your story after long debate in mchat
User avatar
by Ukinojo92
#27393
segaman4 wrote:

Yeah but only with only you and dagon. So I thought it appropriate to put it hear instead of just asking on the board


I think I remember you saying you finalized on Tyrant and you asking others and said almost all was decided on Yugi.
Tyrant is antagonist all the way round and can make any sophisticated plot around him. Yugi is child with god-like powers, an easy tragic-character, that in my opinion is not as strong in developing a story around unless combined with other characters.