Reply To: Toonami Lives… In some form…

Forums Off Topic Other Anime Toonami Lives… In some form… Reply To: Toonami Lives… In some form…

chucklocker
    Participant
    none

Nobuyuki wrote:

You Can (Not) Escape It. 😉

ANN wrote:

Adult Swim’s Toonami block announced on Wednesday that it will run the Evangelion: 2.22 You Can (Not) Advance film on August 31. Toonami’s staff added that the American television block will also show “a special little goodie that you’ll have to wait to find out about.”

In addition, the American series Star Wars: The Clone Wars will replace the anime Eureka 7 after it finishes its latest run on Adult Swim next month. Adult Swim is working on running the full finale of Eureka 7, as opposed to the cut version that ran during the anime’s first Adult Swim run in 2007.

Man…. there is so much awesome in this I don’t know where to begin! I’ll start with my beloved EVA. I absolutely LOVE EVA 2.22! It perfectly achieves excellence as both a movie, and as an EVA outing (psychology, intrigue, and a good old fashioned dose of mindfuck!). I think it will fit very well on toonami, as did the airing of EVA 1.11. I eagerly await its airing :)

I also really found the Clone Wars series to be a worthwhile outing in the otherwise unglamorous prequel universe. It was suspenseful, funny, and intriguing. In short, everything we’ve come to expect from quality Star Wars. I also think this show will fit very well with the Toonami mold. It has an almost “anime-esque” plot and character development that lends itself to being shown along side anime. I hope it gains a wider following at this later time. Good times indeed for toonami. I continue to be impressed with the shows they are picking up. Now if only I could actually stay up late to watch them all…