Reply To: Live Actions & JDorama Review & discussion

Forums Off Topic Chit Chat Live Actions & JDorama Review & discussion Reply To: Live Actions & JDorama Review & discussion

Almael
    Ishi no Mayu

http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag254/jashiman/JDorama/Ishi_no_Mayu/th_Ishi_no_Mayu04-040_zpsn1c1wkf8.png" />

police business cards with mascot

Type: human drama

Genre: crime, suspense, mystery

Year: 2015

Introduction:

Based on the novel Novel Ishi no Mayu Keishicho Satsujin Bunsekihan by Asami Kazushi.

Synopsis:

Kisaragi Toko is a rookie in the First Investigative Division (murder crimes). While on a serial killer case she faces prejudice from other departments and has a hard time conforming with the elitist attitude of her division. As the case unfolds she has to face a painful past, defend her father’s honor, and face the scorn of her colleagues, too. And on top of that the killer chooses her as the person of contact. Everything is directed her way…

Critique:

This show borders on horror or features some disturbing shots… Well, it’s a single large case story rather than a show with many. This a novel story after all (see end).

Kimura Fumino as Kisaragi Toko, I have somewhat of a mixed feeling. Despite everything she’s undoubtly the center figure of the show. Perhaps I’m too harsh, here.

The rest of the cast doesn’t shine intentionally, although, her senpai does a good job. They all are male and really experienced actors.

I wouldn’t say the story is that complicated but we still get sent for a loop most of the time. However, half of the troubles are rather due to police incompetence… or should I say it’s foreseeable but the police fail to see. It’s debatable whether that’s realistically accurate or not. As for anything else the show’s more realistic than any or most other Japanese police show. I won’t go into details here. I can’t award points for these.

The same goes for the final surprising (not really) showdown. Overall, I’m slightly disappointed over these but otherwise it’s a solid story. And well, the main points are on the human side, the human circumstances and the life-long struggles of the people involved rather than just solving the case and catching the criminal. So these can be forgiven.

Verdict: 7.7

Cast 7

Cast performance 8

Script/Directing: 8