All things Tenchicast! Suggest, Join In, etc
by Ukinojo92
#31680 only do tenchicasts when there is something to discuss about or when the group has the time
by Dagon123
Video from : youtu.be

by Nobuyuki
#32327 Looks to be, is the impression I'm gettin'.

Video from : youtube.com
by Ukinojo92
#32329 Maybe doing a best of because someone they can't get together or getting ready for OVA 4 in order to remember the good times.
by Dagon123
Ukinojo92 wrote:Maybe doing a best of because someone they can't get together or getting ready for OVA 4 in order to remember the good times.

It wasn't that we couldn't get a cast together, and it's not "ending" necessarily, nor is "Tenchiforum" ending, but the "crew" of Tenchiforum is / was conflicted about how we wanted to approach the future of Tenchi.

Instead of highlighting what we might not like for the future, I decided to highlight some of the best times we've had in Tenchicast, and by proxy Tenchi fandom, you'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll wonder why I never used Declipper in Audio editing software before 2015, lol.

Enjoy everybody.
by wwwwhhhhoooo
#32373 Thanks for this compilation, Dagon. Man, gettin' some serious feels! Good times.

So, yes, excellent question! Is this the end of Tenchicast? Well...I'd like to think "no." But, I guess time will tell. Perhaps the best way to put it is "yes, for now." It was a difficult decision we all had to wrestle with, trying to come to a consensus, but basically here's our logic:

What's the big news in Tenchi Muyo! right now? OVA 4, of course. So, some people excited for that...by all means, get hyped (if you like cabbit-patch kids).

So, since that's what's going on in Tenchi fandom right now, and Tenchicast reports on whatever's "the buzz" in the fandom...we figured people would have found it odd if, right after OVA 4 was announced ("announced" used in its broadest definition), we did podcast episodes that weren't about OVA 4. But wait...Qu'est-ce que c'est? Why wouldn't you just do a podcast episode about OVA 4? What's the problem? Well, valid point, but...remember that whole "consensus" thing I mentioned above? About us, as a crew? Well, we decided, more or less...

Video from : youtube.com

Neither I nor anyone else of the regular crew really have anything positive to say about OVA 4 as it stands now: we've spent some five years demonstrably explaining why this would literally be the worst business/artistic integrity move you could possibly make, and yet here we are...AIC (or, more accurately, Miura) is making it and anyone attempting to explain why would just be throwing the bones at best (if you'd like, see my YouTube comment on the Best of Tenchicast episode).

I'll just steal this from Dagon because I can't think of a better way to sum it up: we don't want to be "cheerleaders" for something we don't genuinely believe in anymore. It'd be a choice between insincerity/sugarcoating the damage versus a one-hour continuous session of "here's reason number [32] for why I hate what's happening now" lol.

So, in the end, as Dagon mentioned, we may not be able to leave Tenchi Muyo! on a good note, but we sure as heck can with Tenchicast! And in the end, if it has to "end" (as all things inevitably do), we want it to be on a happy note remembering good times instead of dreading the future and repeating what we've been saying all these years spanning so many separate podcast installments....

But you know what they say about carnivals and all that. There may very well be more to come...someday. Ol' Who might have one final trick up his sleeve. :wink:

But until that day--when Tenchi Muyo! and, by extension, Tenchicast come back proper--just do what Dagon's recommended all these years: stay gold!
by Nobuyuki
Neither I nor anyone else of the regular crew really have anything positive to say about OVA 4 as it stands now:

It's too early to know what's in it, anyway. :P