All things Tenchicast! Suggest, Join In, etc
by wwwwhhhhoooo
segaman4 wrote:how about this.your favorite fanfics on tenchi forum and review them! hows that/ mmhmm1

Yeah, further down the road, or on the tail end of a special, idk but fanfics in general (as in not just our site) along with other fanworks like amv's? Maybe.
by Nil Admirari
#22636 An interesting idea, however I feel like this would be an awkward thing to tackle. We have a lot of fanfiction authors on the site itself who take part in the podcasts. Would we have them onboard to talk about each others' works, or would we have the entire cast be by people who were merely readers? Another concern is the podcast being a little too self-serving. Fanfiction is just that - fiction written by fans. It isn't exactly talking about Tenchi things everyone already knows about and is familiar with, its whole new worlds/episodes/movies/side stories/etc and wouldn't really be as interesting to listeners.

It's fun to talk about for sure, but I don't see it working out in the podcast format.
by greenthumb30
#22637 No need for Ryoko vs Ayeka. Talk about their epic rivalry and how it added to the story. Which version of their rivalry is most entertaining (OVA, Universe, etc.) How will their relationship evolve in future material? Do you think they could become good friends? Is it a good idea to make them "sister-wives" in Tenchi Muyo IF?
by Nobuyuki
No need for Ryoko vs Ayeka.

^ I can see this topic gaining traction here.

:edited for clarity. Sorry, segaman:
by segaman4
#22641 well to your reply nobyyuki.the reguler cast would be talking and just pick out ones to conserve time then review it based on it's story charicter buildup and overall entrtainment value. mmmm1
by wwwwhhhhoooo
Nobuyuki wrote:^ I can see this topic gaining traction here.

Indeed, Ryoko vs Ayeka has always been synonymous with any Tenchi fandom. Though I'm proud of the lengths many in the fandom have gone to over the years to attempt to mitigate churlish feuding* and outright bashing of characters, I'm a tad worried about how potentially polarizing a topic like this could be; it might reopen old wounds for a lot of people. However, it it were a precoordinated discussion about the rivalry itself--as you suggested greenthumb--as opposed to people picking sides or listing characters' strengths and weaknesses, it could be done...should it be done is another story, but it's a great suggestion regardless.

*though not so much on a cast, every now and then there's a time and a place for a bit of elbow jabbing of favorite characters in good fun: people's time is their own, but said place is among the threads of a forum.
by segaman4
#25064 Maybe an in-depth analisis of the main charicter from tenchi comparing the ova , universe and. Tokyo counterparts . Weighing the pros and cons. Garth g with Rancho then ryoko then ayeka and so on soawesome1
by drillmaster
#25123 Character analysis is a good way to go. While several Tenchicasts have said what works and what doesnt work in each individual series, it would be good to see how the participants actually view each of the characters as well as saying their favorite and least favorite moments with them. It should generate a good deal of discussion and would make for an entertaining hour.