All things Tenchicast! Suggest, Join In, etc
by GregTheLion
#14503 I'd timidly go up to Petrea Burchard (my idol) :Tenchismile:
I'd ask her a few things about being Ryoko, as well as other roles she played in films and TV shows like her role as 'Opening girl' in Death Becomes Her.
by chucklocker
#14619 I assume that you mean Takeshi Aono. Yeah, he was a fantastic voice actor! He was the voice of so many classic characters in anime, including one of my favorite characters in my beloved series "Space Battleship Yamato"! As for the English VA, the first one sort of dropped off the map IIRC... :?
by Nobuyuki
chucklocker wrote:I assume that you mean Takeshi Aono.

Well, Bob Papenbrook's gone, too. :cry:

As for the English VA, the first one sort of dropped off the map IIRC... :?

Last I knew (yeeaarrs ago), Jay Hopper was in Seattle.
by Dagon123
Lighthawk93 wrote:I really liked yosho's first voice, the others didn't really work out so well to me

I liked and still respect Bob Pappenbrook as a Voice Actor, but his Nobu/Yosho combo couldn't even come close to Jay Hopper's, that mostly stems from the fact he didn't differentiate the two, even when Jay Hopper was doing them both in OVA1, they were still different enough you could associate 2 voices with 2 characters. One scene in OVA3 distinctly from an overhead angle, they are both talking, and you really don't know who's talking.

But lets keep the thread related to actual "questions" you would ask please
by mitsuki lover
#14688 Since a lot of questions seem to be aimed at Petrea Burchard,I think one question might be if she
enjoys Ryoko's notoriety and if she has done any other characters that come close to Ryoko in popularity and notoriety.
by chucklocker
mitsuki lover wrote:Since a lot of questions seem to be aimed at Petrea Burchard,I think one question might be if she
enjoys Ryoko's notoriety and if she has done any other characters that come close to Ryoko in popularity and notoriety.

I'm fairly certain the Ryoko was her ONLY real role in animation, or even film and TV as well. I know that she's done some voices in commercials and background characters in tv shows, but that's about it as far as I know.