Reply To: 2015 & Beyond: The Future of Tenchi Muyo! (?)

Forums Tenchi Muyo! Discussion Worship / Collection / Theory threads 2015 & Beyond: The Future of Tenchi Muyo! (?) Reply To: 2015 & Beyond: The Future of Tenchi Muyo! (?)

ChaudSept
    So that’s what you called “putting up to speed” huh ? Fine with me mmmm1

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

Whether this is just to be professional and save face, or he is genuinely excited for more of Kajishima’s work is up for some debate, perhaps, but given the fact that he previously wanted to meet Kajishima in-person because he admired him for his role in creating Tenchi lends credence to the latter.

My guess would be simply that he loves TM! to death, and will never in his right mind spitt on anything Tenchi related that didn’t came out. (Or spitt on anything at all). After all, in a tweet I believe he said after the event that “tears were behind the stage”. Believe me or not, I don’t want to dig the tweet, i’m no superman qt1 .

Either he’s acting (I don’t think so), or he is really excited to see one of his baby growning up, whoever with.

Meanwhile, a few months earlier, Kajishima : “Huh, the animation coming out next autumn has nothing to do with me, meh, huh”. Source : don’t remember, a doujin maybe, sue me.

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

So there you have it, folks: there’s the facts as they stand right now. Negishi’s out, Kajishima’s in

Before I saw this post, I’ve never realized that it was this clear. It kinda breaks my heart. Where is the TMiL3 project ? Where is the TMiL1 re-relaease with a new ending.

Never gonna happen ? Snif snif …

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

The impetus for this change in priorities is anyone’s guess: was he used as a patsy by AIC to garner interest in the Tenchi franchise only to be assigned the impossible task of working with five-minute increments (instead of his previous desire for TMiL 3) and then, if by some miracle was able to pull it off (which he and Ai did: that is to say, revive interest in the franchise)

With a few steps back, and it become kinda obvious that Ai was a advert serie for both Takahashi City and the carnival.

I too, now laugh when I ear that Ai Tenchi Muyo! killed the franchise. It was the damn Tenchi Muyo! Revival Project ! Too bad Negishi isn’t in it anymore.

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

1) Noike is now a full-fledged member of the household (rolls eyes).

2) Noike helps Sasami cook (because she clearly couldn’t do it on her own; sarcasm aside, okay fine, give her some assistance she certainly deserves it).

3) Ryoko used to not be okay with Noike, because she interfered with the group dynamics…but now she’s decidedly okay with it…because reasons….

Well.. As much as I don’t like Noike, don’t you think it’s kinda pointless to flame her now ? She is now settled thanks to ova3, it was kinda obvious that she was sticking around :|

I believe those 3 lines of yours came from the rest of the after word (the text whom we don’t see the begining), because it matches with what I have poorly translated. So yeah, Ryoko accepting Noike scares me. But Noike helping, cooking, cleaning, doesn’t.

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

Objectively speaking, in the end if OVA 4 gets off the ground those of us involved in the Tenchicast podcasts will be proven right: Ai Tenchi Muyo! opened the doors for more Tenchi to be made. Period. It’s a great irony to those who spurned it from the onset for not being “canon” or any other number of superfluous criteria, and those hoping for more OVA story-line should be grateful to say the least (don’t worry though, I won’t hold my breath).

I like that point of view :).

If I may add something, you didn’t talk about one of Kajishima’s point, and I consider it quite interesting. :

“I’m gonna go with a “Night Before Carnival type feeling”” ! We can’t say that Ryoko and Ayeka were lazzy in that, where they ? nee ? Maybe we won’t have a Marie-sue Ryoko, who knows …

Even though ova2 is very slice of life-ish, and I don’t like that rageblow1

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

In summary, am I a bit miffed that the man who shoehorned Sasami’s mother into being an antagonist, created the mother of all Mary Sue’s to trump the established cast, made Kagato a member of the harem, relegated the strong female characters like Ryoko and Ayeka to ancillary positions under a hegemonic patriarchy, had Sasami go through menstruation to make her a viable candidate for the harem, had Sasami present in the room to witness Tenchi and Noike consummating their arranged marriage, and had “Tenchi-Kami” sire children with every female member of the household–including our favorite cabbit mascot Ryo-Ohki–as though it were a polygamist compound all while his half brother is in a completely separate yet annoyingly attached-at-the-hip alternate world earning not only his own harem of young women but a ‘super harem’ of all their mothers so they can all have sex to contribute to the “Seikishi breeding program” is not only getting more of what he wants but at the same time will likely be lauded for it?

God damnit Wwwhhoo, stop playing with the UV lamp ! I forgot my sunscreen :(

I’m gonna play naïve for that one. Of course, just like you, I’m disgusted by everything you said (Kajishima’s actions) … Wait ! Did I said of course ? Hell no it’s not obvious that I am.

I’ve seen people said that they’d “like to see ova4 like ova1 […so far, me too..], a new girl at each episode !” Kiyofacepalm1

Whitout being judgmental with anyone opinions, that make me think that ova4 will be an economic success anyway.

To conclude.

wwwwhhhhoooo wrote:

The reason we didn’t put this out sooner was twofold: one, dispirited translators (hard to fathom why the company that went bankrupt would go crawling back to one of their biggest liabilities in recent history); and two, hearing this from Kajishima, you can’t blame us for taking it with a pillar or two of salt. This is the same man who for years has said ‘AIC’s not letting me have my way,’ (alluding to the fact that OVA 4 would not be happening) and lest we forget ‘hey fans, lied about Tenchi’s mother lol’ so like him or don’t, worship him or loathe him, he’s a troll to his fan base through and through, so forgive us if we thought it was another case of ‘the boy who cried OVA 4.’

Come on guys ! You’re always doing an amazing work ! Even though most of you are Universe-fan, just try to be naïve like me, and be excited for anything Tenchi related !!

What happens in a doujin, stays in a doujin…No ? Meh, Ok…

This lead me to my second conclusion :

Ukinojo92 wrote:

I don’t want to make it sound like that but it’s true, I waited more eagerly for Ai when it was first mentioned, than the other novels to be translated.

To maintain the scale balanced, I’ve got to comment that !

From this point, the fandom is so old, every question had already been answered, or at least asked. Every new thing is a new thing to talk about ! Eternal Memory, Shin’s novel..

Gosh I would sacrifice Ai for Hasegawa’s novels (sue me).

I’m currently at least equally excited for both ova4 and any new fan-translated stuff.

Final word : I’d gotta say that even though I often look up to twitter to find some infos myself, I didn’t get in any way close to Crazed’s quality of Translation. Good job man !