Tell us where you've been and what you've done along the way!
by Kiyami
#5315 As the title says. Talk about your first cosplaying experiences, no matter how embarrassing or awesome it was =D.

Sooo, when I went to Manga Next in Fall 2008, it was also Halloween and I had pirate-stuff so I just threw that stuff on. And, another cosplaying attempt I cosplayed as Washu with a $15 wig I bought at Party City... I didn't really have experience with wigs up to that point so I guess the first time it's okay? Lol.

Technically I dressed up as anime characters twice for Halloween back before I knew what cosplay was. First I was Sailor Venus (If I find the picture I might just share it with a select few of you but no promises. Apparently everytime I find the picture I then hide it from myself), and I was also a character from Pokemon once.

*passes the mic
by JGZinv
#5317 I was Dr. Sanada for a Mardi Gras party thing hosted by friends of my parents.
Had the boots, we had a gynocologist lab coat, that I created a label over the top for that said Commander Sanada.
Grew my hair out long and soaked it black with stiffener, pulled it out in all directions.

I took a glow stick, and dropped it in a short test tube like flower vase, and put some concoction of like lime powerade
and stuff in there... and I had a alka seltzer handy that made bubbles and foam all over... so it looked like I had a glowing
radioactive bubbling test tube of stuff... and any time someone asked I'd say IT'S AB-SOLUTELY AMA-ZING TECHNOLOGY!!!

Yes my name is JGZ and I'm a Dual nerd...

I went as the Anime Expo Magician mascot the first year he was unveiled. Before he had a name and anyone else was doing it.
Had a lot of staff ask me if they could get my hat and had shots taken by the AX promo department... as well as several people that stopped
me cause they figured out I "wasn't" Tuxedo Mask. Never did get to see any pictures though... so I've got nothing from either cosplay.
by Tearatone
#5385 My first costume was of Azure Flame Kite from .hack//G.U.
I chose this because I wanted my first venture into cosplay to be a challenge (at least at the time it was,) though I was also genuinely fascinated by the character.
I debuted the outfit at AX06, and I couldn't move five feet with out being assaulted for pictures. I guess you could say it was a hit, though looking back I cringe at all the inaccuracies. I have been meaning to remake the outfit for some time now, and given my ever shrinking budget for costumes these days, it might happen sooner rather than later.

Here are some shots of the costume... *Shudders at how bad it is now he is reviewing it.*

by JGZinv
#5388 Hey Tearatone I was at AX06 too. Shame we didn't run into each other somewhere along the line. :)
Your links are broken btw...

Stepdad... I hate to say it but Ryo-Ohki just screams out of the picture... "Please take me with you! He's planning to do this and that to me! Nooooooo!"
by Tearatone
#5393 Links are working fine for me... Don't know what is bugging out.
by Kiyami
#5394 Right now I'm trying to decide if I'm going to Otakon in July... and what I could cosplay as.
by JGZinv
#5395 Kiyone?

I'd like to see a hair up Kiyone GP. Been going through TU again and think she's more pretty with that style than the
typical over the shoulder look she's know for.

and T - all I get is a bunch of
by Kiyami
#5397 The only issue with trying to cosplay Kiyone is that I can never be 5ft 9 >.> Most I can get with heeled shoes is... maybe 5ft 3?