Have something you want to translate? Post it here!
by ChaudSept
#30281 I hear what you all say. The hardest part of the choice is I don't always like what everyone likes, huhu.
Anyhoo, I've decided that tonight is sample time! So feel try to feedback me on the honorific-titles issue.

Today isn't a special 50% day of whatever, I just laughed doing that specific page so.. here it is.

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in before you can view hidden content.
by drillmaster
#30320 ...is that OVA Kagato?

Seriously, I want to read this whole thing so I have the proper context of all of this. The honorifics, again, aren't my preference, but it doesn't really matter. It's still great material.

Thank you Chaud!
by JGZinv
#30322 It's Eternal Memory, so unless done as a parody, it would be Universe Kagato.
by drillmaster
#30340 Yeah, I get that. I'm just curious what the situation is. Im sure it's a nod to the design, but I wonder if there could be any other nods to Tenchi's lore.
by Ukinojo92
#30341 To be honest, when I first saw Kagato in the panel, I started to think it was a joke comic strip made by a fan. It's kinda of weird seeing Kagato being made into a joke, even though Negishi had written the story. I think another nod would be Tsunami, I don't think she has been mentioned in Universe nor been given physical appearance.

The honorifics are not that big a deal, but you could put in a note somewhere defining them just in case.
by JGZinv
#30344 Eternal memory introduces tsunami, not as the tree... But until the translation is dine we can but guess.
by ChaudSept
#30350 Maybe I shouldn't have spoiled all this.

Anyhou all this questions will be answered as soon as I'm done.

Btw, discussing Negishi's continuity, I feel like a debate could exist about EM's degree of canoncity.
Stay tuned & get hyped.
by JGZinv
#30351 *snicker*

You have noooo idea how long the debate about EM's cannonicity has been going on lol. Kiyofacepalm1
by ChaudSept
#30353 Aaaaah it was based on either a liberty-translation or some images. Am I right?

Or some japanese-knowledge people did say anything about it?

It won't stop me anywayyyy
by JGZinv
#30355 Well there was the whole Punistation debacle, we never really got anything outside of that.
Most of what we got was heresay from people that could read Japanese but were very opinionated.
I know the debate predates me though, at least as far back as the AIC YaBBS.