Have something you want to translate? Post it here!
by JGZinv
#20863 images in threads is caught up
by Crazed
#21036 A!MG 301 rips are done and I plan on finishing the Heisei Ban 3 rips this week. Then I can get a head start on Hello 21st Century.
by JGZinv
#21274 All sections brought up to current.
by JGZinv
#29975 Just as a note, nothing super amazing, but I bought a wand scanner (rather than a flatbed type),
so I'll see if combined with glass or some other elements if that isn't a decent means to get some of
our more rare things digitized.
by Ukinojo92
JGZinv wrote:Just as a note, nothing super amazing, but I bought a wand scanner (rather than a flatbed type),so I'll see if combined with glass or some other elements if that isn't a decent means to get some of our more rare things digitized.

It would be awesome if you can
by JGZinv
#29989 I got this one cause it had higher DPI and the rollers are all the way across.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JZL8KSO/ref ... UTF8&psc=1
Plus I got it off eBay for like $40.
by JGZinv
#30013 One or two.

I think the trick is more so going to be taking a sheet of glass, perhaps a mirror, and getting it angled right so
you can get a scan.

What really befuddles me, is the DIY book scanners that take a few hundred pages an hour, use(d) mid to low range megapixel cameras. Those were high cost parts of the assembly at the time. Scanner wands have been around quite a while and the price has been in the $80 to $300 range, and you're getting a better DPI.

Can't say I'm going to reinvent the wheel, but maybe the books scanner concept needs an overhaul.
by ChaudSept
#30033 DIY scanners seem really interesting, but I don't think I'll ever take the time to build one. Idk, but chances are pretty low. Also it cost more than a wand scanner.

As it is now, I wouldn't use a glass to smoosh the books out, the wands don't take photos, they scan (no shit), I have a feeling they are design to touch the page.

It might take super long, but if you scan page by page, getting as close as possible to the spin, you could have better results.

Seriously though, for the doujins, I don't even understand why you would need a glass. Thin doujins are the closest thing we have to a magazine.