Fan projects DIRECTLY related to Tenchi Muyo!
by drillmaster
#29475 http://noneedtoreviewtenchi.blogspot.com/

I have decided as a fun project to keep me occupied in my down time to recap and review every episode of the OAV, Universe, and Tenchi in Tokyo. I'll probably do the Okuda manga too. My goal for the project is really two fold:

1) Understand my own personal connection to the franchise and allow me to really see what it is that hooks me in as a fan.
2) *Potentially* Draw in new viewers to the show.

I will basically be doing this episode to episode and will be as in-depth as I can be. Only the introduction and "Ryoko Resurrected" have been completed, but I do hope to be churning these out in some kind of consistent basis. I did, for the record, link to the two Tenchicasts that feature interviews with Petrea and Matt as well as a plug to the website.

Who knows, maybe you can rediscover Tenchi in a new way. I hope to.
by wwwwhhhhoooo
#29499 Cool dude! I'll definitely give this a look, but first and foremost like you said it sounds like it could really be a fun and constructive outlet for yourself.

Feel free to continuously update in this thread if you're ever feeling you need to summon the attention of more Tenchi fans!

Also, thank you for the shout-outs! ^^ I hope you have fun with this, as you will undoubtedly have new takeaways and profound appreciations for various facets of something you greatly enjoy simply from having taken the time to hammer out your thoughts in written form.

badass1
by drillmaster
#29505 Thanks for the kind words everyone! Yeah, I've been really wanting to do some kind of writing project and this seemed like a good idea. I'm having a blast writing it. As of right now, I've only just reached the part in "Here Comes Ayeka" where we are introduced to Sasami and I've already wrote 7 pages of writing.

And thank you Chaud for making individual comments and pointing some things out for me over on the blog itself. That's awesome!
by drillmaster
#29508 Awesome! I'd love to hear what you think of both! It still has 5 or so chapters to go, but between both projects I'm pretty happy to lose myself in writing on my down time.

I'm aiming to finish another blog post by Sunday, so if you are interested, keep your eyes peeled! woooo1
by drillmaster
by drillmaster
#29587 http://noneedtoreviewtenchi.blogspot.co ... -ohki.html

I'm on a role with have of OVA 1 completed. Read on for "Hello Ryo-Ohki" where I point out this episode's fantastic use of visual storytelling and how Ayeka becomes an actual character.